How to align d2h dish perfectly?

@livingoff: The info mentioned by Engineer is correct. Longer the cable weaker the signal. Signal quality is affected by various factors:
1) Location. If you are on the location where signal strength is high, you can get stronger signal with smaller dish. (KU-2 Beam coverage on ST-2 satellite)- ST2 SATELLITE - Coverage Map
2) Dish Size: Bigger the size, better the signal
3)Cable Length: As much as possible, have shorter cable. My cable length is about 35mtrs, still I have more than 85% signal on all transponders
4) Cable Quality: Good quality RG-6 Cable is required
5)Proper crimping of connectors: Good quality connectors needs to be properly crimped to sustain the quality over time

Coming to the dish alignment:
For reference:UKSatelliteHelp.co.uk - The Perfect Satellite Dish Alignment – a How To Guide
1)Dish should be mounted on stable mounts. They should not be shaking or loose.
2)LNBF skew should be correct based on the location
3)Dish should be set to proper angle based on location (For example: Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com
Address: Bangalore, India
Latitude: 12.9716°
Longitude: 77.5946°

Satellite: 88E ST 2
Elevation: 70.5°
Azimuth (true): 140.7°
Azimuth (magn.): 142.5°)

How to peak the signal: Adjust the dish sloooooowly. You need lot of patience to peak the signal..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock