Good News I bought Sun Direct HD Connection

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 207
  • Views: Views 32,366
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like couple of features in Sun Direct STB.

1. When on the channel list menu, we can press a number and all the channels starting with that number are displayed.
2. We can use CH+/- buttons like Page Up/Page Down to quickly scroll through the channel list.

These are really useful features when browsing through the channels.

SD might appear backward in UI but when I moved to Airtel UI looked advanced but This channel navigation is the best thing I missed in Airtel and I really found Navigation very hard for a long time in Airtel but now used to it and manage by remembering one LCN from each genres & navigate in Airtel.

Another good thing on Sun Direct is the very transparent logo on all the channels. They have three types of logos depending on the channel and all of them are very good. This is a big relief considering how irritating the Airtel logo was!!

I had sun direct 3 months back. I don't like audio quality of sun direct, so moved out of it. It is very bad compared to other dishes. Video quality is good due to HEVC technology . You will find the difference in audio only if you connect to hifi home theatre.

I had sun direct 3 months back. I don't like audio quality of sun direct, so moved out of it. It is very bad compared to other dishes. Video quality is good due to HEVC technology . You will find the difference in audio only if you connect to hifi home theatre.
I'm not sure which home theater you were using. I use Sony Home Theater and audio quality on HD channels with Dolby Digital audio is on par with Airtel on Sun Direct. Best thing is, just like Airtel they don't fiddle with audio at all. They broadcast what's coming from the channel without any modifications.

I am using Onkyo 7.1 home theatre. I don't see audio issues either. And yes, it is directly broadcasters.

Can u able to post snaps anna want to see :)
Images taken from our bros thread
1)

1U8oyCB.png

2)

yGew67t.png

3)

u4pWmvY.png

Last edited:
I got one question. In sundirect, all hd audio is Dolby Digital plus. Whether all hd channels are dolby digital plus from Broadcaster end???? Dobly Digital requires much license. Most of hd channels are PCM/Stereo actually. Sundirect is converting everything into Dolby Digital plus and telecasting. So i wont agree your point.

I'm not sure which home theater you were using. I use Sony Home Theater and audio quality on HD channels with Dolby Digital audio is on par with Airtel on Sun Direct. Best thing is, just like Airtel they don't fiddle with audio at all. They broadcast what's coming from the channel without any modifications.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock