IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Paramount+ will do what Walt Disney did.

Walt Disney merged Hotstar with Disney+ and took the existing subscription numbers and added it to their global tally to boast about reaching 100M subs in a year. That's exactly what Paramount will try to do.

I don't think Voot has a good brand association with the audience. Hence, Viacom18 will just merge Voot with Paramount+. Also I have heard rumblings in Kollywood & Tollywood that Viacom18 is planning to invest heavily in Original Movies & Series. Paramount+ needs diverse content to stay in the competition. This will easily provide them a lifeline.
Yes. Disney merged both brand names(Disney+ & Hotstar) because Hotstar already become popular and established service. Also in India OTT services should have diverse contents to run competition. 'Disney+' brand can't do that. On the other hand 'Disney+ Hotstar' can include anything from regional serials to International series, sports, movies whether it is family friendly or adults only.
While Voot is not much popular like Hotstar. Looking forward that how thay introduce Paramount plus. Its less chance that Reliance let Voot to become a content hub inside Paramount+ and thus the minor shareholder to become the OTT brand identity of this media entity. Most probably they will follow the Disney model - Paramount+ Voot.

If lottery/Jackpot Broadcaster Viacom 18 won IPL Broadcasting Rights, i hope they will not shutdown existing Non Sports channels sake of just 2 months of IPL tournament.

Another possibility that seems to be looming over the horizon is the chances of selective bidding. However, experts believe that the case might just turn more hostile if one company gets the TV broadcasting rights while the other gets digital rights and the third one acquires 18 matches rights. “This is simply because companies would then start undercutting each other’s ad rates to get advertisers onboard, thereby ending up making more losses,” a senior media analyst noted.
Indian Premier League is a winner’s curse

Last edited:
If lottery/Jackpot Broadcaster Viacom 18 won IPL Broadcasting Rights, i hope they will not shutdown existing Non Sports channels sake of just 2 months of IPL tournament.

Another possibility that seems to be looming over the horizon is the chances of selective bidding. However, experts believe that the case might just turn more hostile if one company gets the TV broadcasting rights while the other gets digital rights and the third one acquires 18 matches rights. “This is simply because companies would then start undercutting each other’s ad rates to get advertisers onboard, thereby ending up making more losses,” a senior media analyst noted.
Indian Premier League is a winner’s curse
Define lottery/jackpot broadcaster?

Define lottery/jackpot broadcaster?
Viacom 18 is lottery Broadcaster they have Good back, even if WB or Comcast acquires stake Viacom 18 will become big Broadcaster than Disney Star in India.

In some interview Disney india president K Madhavan mentioned "If someone offers 10-times for the property, we are not there

mx player as a participant
zKKZHu5.jpg

MX Player Parent Company & Willow tv Parent Company is same (The Times Group).
So, cricket broadcasting experience is not a problem.
Willow tv as a broadcaster is good and times group have good experience just like sony sports but they never faced insane bidders like star sports and ex star sports channel member currently members of vicom18.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock