IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am sure that star sports will aquire media rights of either IPL or it may be icc events. But I am 100% sure that they will buy atleast one of these two. And somehow I have gut feeling that they will buy both of these. Star sports have big support of Disney. And I think they have preplanned for these both rights. As you have seen they doesn't took any rights like Big bash league, CPL, T10 league. And even Olympics aslo. So as of now I can say sony is out of this race. But as we know Sony-Zee merge news. So that's why Sony is also in now because they are also having strong support of zee.
Viacom 18 is the main twist in this auction. Somehow I am sure that they will buy atleast one from these two.
And one more thing Jio can bid with Viacom so there is double power now. But one more thing that Jio can do bid separately also. And they can launch their separate channel also. So it's very interesting to see.

Last edited:
I am sure that star sports will aquire media rights of either IPL or it may be icc events. But I am 100% sure that they will buy atleast one of these two. And somehow I have gut feeling that they will buy both of these. Star sports have big support of Disney. And I think they have preplanned for these both rights. As you have seen they doesn't took any rights like Big bash league, CPL, T10 league. And even Olympics aslo. So as of now I can say sony is out of this race. But as we know Sony-Zee merge news. So that's why Sony is also in now because they are also having strong support of zee.
Viacom 18 is the main twist in this auction. Somehow I am sure that they will buy atleast one from these two.
And one more thing Jio can bid with Viacom so there is double power now. But one more thing that Jio can do bid separately also. And they can launch their separate channel also. So it's very interesting to see.
Star have already CPL rights

Today is Fox Sports Channel's last day in Asia. Star Sports China will also cease operations today. The official website of both the channels is now espn.com. Disney Asia Ltd has not yet commented on where sports events for Fox / Star Sports will continue. When that happens, is global sports giant ESPN likely to make a comeback across Asia?

Sony and Zee Entertainment are preparing to enter the bidding for Indian Premier League cricket rights this month as part of a merger between the Japanese and Indian companies, according to people familiar with the matter.

A Sony-Zee bid for the 2023-2027 media rights for one of the world’s most valuable sports competitions would set up a battle with existing holder Walt Disney, which owns rival Indian media company Star India.

Other potential bidders include Facebook, which bid for the rights in 2017, Amazon and Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio. The Board of Control for Cricket in India, the IPL’s governing body, said this week that it plans to release the tender in late October

Source

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock