IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Star bid aggressively only for the bundled category in the last cycle. Sony bid the highest amount for TV rights. I think sony will do the same this time. Also the bundled amount should be greater than the total amount of bids for TV+Digital+intl. Not sure if star will go that route with disney at its helm

My guess would be
TV - Sony
Digital - Amazon Prime / Hotstar
Actually, it's quite the opposite.. Star has correctly put in consolidated bid by taking a calculated risk and pipped out the competition by just mere 500 crores ie., 3% margin... They went in all or nothing formula and luckily it worked for them... Had in all other seven bids put in a 500 crores extra Star would have lost that bid....

Disney-Star will actually go that route for a simple fact of the matter that IPL brings Hotstar more subscriptions which in turn add to Disney+ subscriptions and the wall street would be happy...

Last edited:
Star bid aggressively only for the bundled category in the last cycle. Sony bid the highest amount for TV rights. I think sony will do the same this time. Also the bundled amount should be greater than the total amount of bids for TV+Digital+intl. Not sure if star will go that route with disney at its helm

My guess would be
TV - Sony
Digital - Amazon Prime / Hotstar
I think this time also Star go for complete rights. They are looking for the complete utilisation of the property for making maximum revenue. And they don't need any more preparation as they are the current global rights holder. Sony may show interest in TV rights than digital. Besides Star, Viacom 18 is the only one bid for complete rights as Reliance wants an entry in Television sports and to make Jio digital platforms stronger.

I read that cricbuzz article. Digital rights bidders is just an assumption. I don't think sony will abstain from bidding for digital rights. Also, bcci made it clear that they would prefer the bidders who have bundled the categories (tv+digital+intl) in their bidding. Star won it last time in that way.
Here's that article, I had already posted it last night 👇

Heart Says :- Sony Sports
Mind Says :- Star Sports

By the way Sony Max doing was great extra innings show with full of entertainment & their hindi commentary panels are also good compared to star..

P.S. - Navjot Singh Sidhu quites as a Punjab Congress Chief.
gGvvfhm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock