IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing to do with broadcaster. IPL viewership has constantly increased year after year.
It depends on broadcasters as well there reach the way to promote. Targeted audience and most importantly there previous performance. I bet you if you look at SPN IPL amd Star IPL you will see drastic change in between shifting season. I mean last season on SPN and first season on Star Sports.
There is this reason that Star already has its subscriber base in sports genre where as Sony has only one sports channel at that time that is Sony Six.

Last edited:
More worried about this.

vqe9UrH.png

It depends on broadcasters as well there reach the way to promote. Targeted audience and most importantly there previous performance. I bet you if you look at SPN IPL amd Star IPL you will see drastic change in between shifting season.
Look we already have members discussing how IPL has lost it's charm after becoming a serious competition from being an entertainment one. Gone are celebrity interaction, an entertaining pre-show. The growth is there because of the increase of people's purchasing power. More people can afford television sets and satellite cable. You can ask this to Star Sports people itself.
There is this reason that Star already has its subscriber base in sports genre where as Sony has only one sports channel at that time that is Sony Six.
Star is a popular GEC. It's sports channels comes bundled with all basic sports channels in it's most popular bouquet. Sony here requires to buy sports channels as a seperate subscription. And Sony's most popular channels are it's Ten channel. It's Sony Ten 3 the most popular channel. Sony Ten 1 and Sony Ten 2 are equally popular because of WWE and football. These are normally bought as seperate sports bouquets as they put almost double hours of live content than Star offers in a day.

Star bid aggressively only for the bundled category in the last cycle. Sony bid the highest amount for TV rights. I think sony will do the same this time. Also the bundled amount should be greater than the total amount of bids for TV+Digital+intl. Not sure if star will go that route with disney at its helm

My guess would be
TV - Sony
Digital - Amazon Prime / Hotstar

More people can afford television sets and satellite cable. You can ask this to Star Sports people itself.
I don't need to ask from Star but these articles say it all.
Star is a popular GEC. It's sports channels comes bundled with all basic sports channels in it's most popular bouquet. Sony here requires to buy sports channels as a seperate subscription.
Broadcasters packs are introduced recently previously the service provider introduce pack. It all about the reach the channel owns. Star Sports Network took baby steps from beginning that's why they become this big till now. On other hand SET has to take its parents permission for every single decision.

Star bid aggressively only for the bundled category in the last cycle. Sony bid the highest amount for TV rights. I think sony will do the same this time. Also the bundled amount should be greater than the total amount of bids for TV+Digital+intl. Not sure if star will go that route with disney at its helm

My guess would be
TV - Sony
Digital - Amazon Prime / Hotstar
BCCI doesn't sell like that. This will damage the ipl brand value if sold separately. They will go for bundle.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock