Is Chennai really on Arasu's Map??

RE: Does Arasu really wants to serve Chennai??

We have wait for 2 or 3 weeks for new telecom minister. Once they get das licence

aravindan said:
My LCO not in a mind to connect arasu sooner.. He says the same story. (NOTA)..

Nearly a week after poll results, there is no other area connected to arasu connection..

TN Govt should make open statement about Arasu "atleast now" since the elections are concluded..

Anyone getting Arasu post poll results..?

My LCO too. Before election he was so positive that Arasu will take over immediately overnight even if they win by 2/3 majority, but now after this land slide victory he seems upset and just tells "I have no idea, but the situation continues and mostly will continue the same for the rest of the time".

Same old License story. I'm totally upset with Arasu and i wish i just forget them than to think...think and keep worrying..

chermadurai said:
We have wait for 2 or 3 weeks for new telecom minister. Once they get das licence

2 - 3 weeks for new telecom minister and he will have million job to do, DAS license issue might take months depending on the new governments planning.

If Arasu wants to enter Chennai then they would have entered long... long back... they wont be saying stories.... whom to stop them?? may be they just don't want to. Only time can say.

If Arasu wants to wait for DAS license then we may have to just forget them and let them come when they want.

aravindan said:
TN Govt should make open statement about Arasu "atleast now" since the elections are concluded..

Has TN govt made any single announcement for Arasu in Chennai till date?

Do we have any indication that Arasu Chennai even exists? Yes, there is an office somewhere in Chennai but does it actually serve Chennai or has any such plans in the future to serve Chennai?

Election has been completed, results have come, even the government has been formed and also ministers appointed and in just a few days the Parliament session with the new govt will take place and we just don't know why Arasu is still waiting?

If they are still waiting for the license, what will Arasu do if the new govt postpones or temporarily stops DAS implementation? will Arasu still continue to say the same old story?

Looks like some reason to simply say that "We cant serve".

HOUSE-MD said:
TN CM to meet Modi on tuesday 3rd June 2014 and Arasu might be in the list and if the PM gives a go may be we can expect a sudden implementation of Arasu in Chennai.

Ref: The AIADMK had also promised the people to take up with the centre to secure the licence to operate cable television services in Chennai by the Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV Corporation.

Thats really a good news!! its all because, implementation of arasu was there in the jayalalithas election manifesto and its long pending for years now. Lets see how things go on..

Satvijay said:
Thats really a good news!! its all because, implementation of arasu was there in the jayalalithas election manifesto and its long pending for years now. Lets see how things go on..

Yes, something should happen and someone should give freedom to the people from this stupid analogue. :)

My favorite program House MD is now on Start world and i cant even watch that, what a life? :-/

TN CM again today writes to Modi demanding DAS license to Arasu, probably within next 30 days Arasu will get license and will bring entire Chennai within its control.

RE: TN CM wants DAS license for Arasu without Delay, Arasu entering Chennai anytime??

Chennai, Jul 5: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi's intervention to secure Digital Addressable System (DAS) licence for the state run TV Cable Corporation that was pending with the Centre for about three years. In a letter to Modi, the contents of which were released to the press here, Jayalalithaa pointed out that the previous UPA regime sanctioned licenses to nine Multi System Operators in Tamil Nadu, but did not respond to the state's plea. She reiterated that her government revived the 'defunct' Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV Corporation (TACTV), a state run TV Cable Corporation after coming to power in 2011 to adhere to its commitment to provide inexpensive and quality Cable TV services. "Even as TACTV's applications for licenses were kept pending by the previous UPA Government, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting issued licenses to nine other Multi System Operators in Tamil Nadu, including those who applied after TACTV," she charged in her letter. TACTV, an initiative of the previous DMK government at the height of family feud in the party's first family involving M Karunanidhi and his grandnephews, Maran brothers, was however later put in cold storage after they patched up. TACTV was providing 100 channels for Rs 70 as against the Rs 150-250 charged by some other Multi-System Operators, she said. After the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995 was amended, paving way for DAS, TACTV took steps to commence operations in the digital mode in Chennai and applied to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting for DAS license. Orders were also placed for the supply of Set Top Boxes, Conditional Access System and Subscriber Management System and erection of Head End at a cost of about Rs 50 crores, she told Modi. As per the provisions of the Cable TV Network (Regulations) Act, 1995, and Rules thereof, TACTV is qualified for such a licence, he asserted and alleged that it strongly suspected that the non-issuance of license to by the previous UPA Government was only to facilitate particular private business interests. Jayalithaa said in her letter that she had already brought this issue to the Prime Minister's notice in her memorandum she submitted to him last month on various matters concerning Tamil Nadu including for setting up of Cauvery Management Board.

Read more at: Jaya writes to PM for DAS licence to TACTV - News Oneindia

RE: TN CM wants DAS license for Arasu without Delay, Arasu entering Chennai anytime??

Full info as jaya news channel displayed

Jaya news

We can expect the response from centre in one or two weeks time..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock