• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!

Ismail Darbar From music to direction

anilsk01

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Ismail Darbar, who is remembered for his lilting tunes in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Devdas and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, is set to tread on a ground that he has never done before.

After eight years, Darbar returns to Bollywood in a new avatar - that of a director. He has plans to create his own version of the timeless love story of Romeo and Juliet.

Said Darbar in a lighter vein, “Sanjay (Bhansali) told me that in the twelve years of our professional relationship, he has learnt everything he knows about music from me. And I told him that if he could learn music from me, I can, of course, learn to direct from him. The inspiration was always there. It is now that I have decided to take the plunge.”

The film, titled Romeo Juliet, is scheduled to go on floors in a couple of months. It will be shot in Kashmir and Turkey.

Elaborating on the project, Darbar says that the film would be a musical. "I have only been working on the music of the film for the past two years," he said.

Darbar has almost finalised the cast and is keen to rope in Amitabh Bachchan, who he wants to play as a Pathan.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Girish Darbar | Rajnikanth, Nayanthara Movies & Music 48
R Breaking B4U Music, B4U Movies, B4U Kadak and B4U Bhojpuri channels now removed from ADTV Airtel Digital TV 7
J Breaking Vijay Music Added On LCN 68 By Sun Direct Sun Direct 35
Vadirocks Breaking Vijay Music Adding On LCN 68 At Sun Direct Sun Direct 8
A Good News One panjabi music channel added Dish TV 1
Kathiresh DDF Exclusive "JOTHI TV" - Tamil Devotional Channel Started in SAHANA MUSIC license - SAHANA MUSIC closed Satellite News & Updates 8
Suresh manshuk DDF Exclusive Sahana music rebranded as Jyoti TV TV Channels News 3
Basil Aaho Music renamed as Dhinchaak 2 by MIB TV Channels News 0
C Breaking Sidharth Bhakti TV Channel Program 18 Official ID Songs Released By Sidharth Music Television Network TV Channels News 4
Deepu Darling DDF Exclusive B4U Kadak, B4U Movies, B4U Music& B4U Bhojpuri will be removed Airtel Digital TV 8
R Breaking Vijay Music added on LCN 822 Airtel Digital TV 43
A Breaking Vijay music channel wil be added midnight Airtel Digital TV 8
Amit1079 Good News Ishara, sadhna bhakti, Ptc music and 3 slots of Teleone added on d2h d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 10
Deep.S Good News "Aaho Music" will be Rebranding as "Dhinchaak 2" Soon TV Channels News 9
arsja Vijay music added in tactv Arasu, SCV, TCCL & VK Digital MSOs 4
sijuvarghese123 Breaking Update TV ,News,Music,Kids channels added. Intelsat Updates 7
Bishnu15 Good News I got Music Active VAS free with my new Videocon D2H HD Connection d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 2
S Vijay Music General DTH News & Discussions 2
Mahen Dharshan Seeking Help Vijay music on DTH TV Channels News 2
Johny Aaho music started from 83E Insat & Gsat Updates 2
DJ Roy Tata Sky Music+ | Jingalala Afternoon offer | 03rd March 2020 Tata Sky 0
Basil R Vision and Music F license cancelled by MIB TV Channels News 0
Bulgari Discussion Title songs (or opening theme music) of Indian TV shows TV Shows & Programs 9
Sushruth.V.H. DDF Exclusive Raj News Kannada and Raj Music Kannada logo changed TV Channels News 13
Girish Good News Khushiyon Ka Weekend Offer | 1st Jan to 3rd Jan 2021 | Music Active at ₹1 d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 1