Ismail Darbar From music to direction

anilsk01

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Ismail Darbar, who is remembered for his lilting tunes in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Devdas and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, is set to tread on a ground that he has never done before.

After eight years, Darbar returns to Bollywood in a new avatar - that of a director. He has plans to create his own version of the timeless love story of Romeo and Juliet.

Said Darbar in a lighter vein, “Sanjay (Bhansali) told me that in the twelve years of our professional relationship, he has learnt everything he knows about music from me. And I told him that if he could learn music from me, I can, of course, learn to direct from him. The inspiration was always there. It is now that I have decided to take the plunge.”

The film, titled Romeo Juliet, is scheduled to go on floors in a couple of months. It will be shot in Kashmir and Turkey.

Elaborating on the project, Darbar says that the film would be a musical. "I have only been working on the music of the film for the past two years," he said.

Darbar has almost finalised the cast and is keen to rope in Amitabh Bachchan, who he wants to play as a Pathan.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Girish Darbar | Rajnikanth, Nayanthara Movies & Music 48
yashwanth05852 DDF Exclusive Zee Vajwa Marathi music channel launched now TV Channels News 8
A Breaking Songdew music channel added dish tv Dish TV 6
DJ Roy Tata Sky Music+ | October 15th | Jingalala Afternoon offer Tata Sky 0
A DDF Exclusive Vijay Music availability in Cable platforms TV Channels News 0
Abhay jadhav Sad News D2h not update marathi channel Maiboli,sangeet marathi,AM news and Hindi music channel masti, did not d2h platform unavelabile d2h HD 1
rahul_apk Good News YRF becomes the First Music Label In India To Adopt Dolby Atmos Movies & Music 1
R Breaking Music Zone Channel now added on LCN 773 Airtel Digital TV 14
kumar98 Breaking Music zone will be added on Lcn 773 Airtel Digital TV 8
DreamDTH.com Article Star India strengthens Tamil offerings with Vijay Music DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
H DDF Exclusive Vijay Music launched now TV Channels News 85
vinothjsvd Discussion Star Vijay music tamil TV Channels News 2
raja78 Vijay Music Now available in TCCL General DTH News & Discussions 13
Akash Solanki Satellite Updates "Aaho music" Left from GSAT-30 @83* east Insat & Gsat Updates 2
Akash Solanki Sad News Aaho Music Showing Blank Insat & Gsat Updates 5
Y Discussion Guess the LCN of Star Vijay Music General DTH News & Discussions 4
DreamDTH.com Article Star India to launch Vijay Music on 4th October DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
Shubh Good News JSat offer | 26th Sept | Tata sky Music Tata Sky 2
DreamDTH.com Article Zee strengthens foothold in Maharashtra with launch of Marathi Music channel ‘Zee Vajwa’ DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Zee unveils logo of its Marathi regional music channel ‘Zee Vajwa’ at Zee Gaurav Puraskar 2020 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article ZEEL set to launch Marathi Music channel ‘Zee Vajwa’ on 17th October TV Channels News 75
Amit1079 DDF Exclusive Tamil music channel Sahana tv Rebranded TV Channels News 8
B Raj Music Tamil set to be launch Tata Sky 2
J Sad News DishTV does not add any hindi HD music channels like MTV BEATS HD etc. in DishTV st2 aligment Dish TV HD 12
DreamDTH.com Article Vh1 and Voot Select to exclusively premiere 2020 Video Music Awards in India DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0