Discussion Isn't Tata Sky Multi TV pack illegal?

goodlord

Reaction score
This is what TRAI says about Multi TV packages:

eV78VCq.png

In other words --

1) multi TV package means discount offered on NCF. There is no mention about whether discount can be offered on pay channel prices as well.
2) Such discounts should be uniform within the state/language market
3) Such discounts should be declared on the website.

Now, I can see that some of you are saying Tata Sky is offering multi TV packages based on how much is the price paid for primary connection etc.

According to the above clarification by TRAI, such a scheme is in violation of rule 1 and 3, and probably rule 2 also because the discount is not uniform, but based on how much money you are spending on your first connection.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Secondly, Tata Sky's multi TV scheme is a clever ploy to get customers to buy unnecessary channels.

Example, suppose I have three TVs -- one for me, one for my wife/mother and one for the kids. I can activate a separate list of channels on all these TVs, and each TV will cost 200-250 rupees. Total cost 600-750 rupees.

But if I go by Tata Sky scheme, I have to activate all the channels required by any member of the family on ALL THE TVs. And I will end up spending at least Rs 600 on the main connection and 500 each on the second and third TV. Total cost Rs 1,600.

Last edited:
The word uniform is for all subscribers . I and my friend should pay same price that's what it means.

Secondly TS gives you complete freedom to split connection. If you think multi tv is costly then just split it into 3 different connection.

Ok.

But still, it makes zero sense to go for this pack, doesn't it? I mean, you have to subscribe to all the required pay channels on all the TVs in the house to make this work. That seems like an unnecessarily costly thing to do.

Who exactly will benefit from this scheme? I can only think of hotels, hospitals etc..

Compare this to D2h, which offers you a flat NCF of 59 rupees. Much better scheme for most families, isn't it?

Ok.

But still, it makes zero sense to go for this pack, doesn't it? I mean, you have to subscribe to all the required pay channels on all the TVs in the house to make this work. That seems like an unnecessarily costly thing to do.

Who exactly will benefit from this scheme? I can only think of hotels, hospitals etc..

Compare this to D2h, which offers you a flat NCF of 59 rupees. Much better scheme for most families, isn't it?

Yep true. i think ts believe multi tv should have same pack and if someone wants different pack in different tv then they will just split connection. That's why they kept the split multi TV option

But if you split the TV and activate different channels, do you get a discount like in D2h?

Our viewing tv channels matchaes 90% so why i select same pay channels for 2 tvs so so current multi tv pack system is good for me

But if you split the TV and activate different channels, do you get a discount like in D2h?

How much total d2h charging for multi tv including ncf if primary is on 250 package ?

Last edited:
How much total d2h charging for multi tv including ncf if primary is on 250 package ?
My primary connection of D2h costs me ₹295. But they didn't migrated my secondary connection under new regime from last 20 days. Every time when talked to cc, they're saying there is some technical issues, wait for sometime. And i am paying ₹525 till today for 1 primary and 1 secondary connection.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock