List of Permitted Private Satellite TV Channels as on 30.06.2015

• Thread starter Thread starter Rushil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 219
  • Views Views: Views 14,002
Guys, as we all can see in the list that Star India has got the licence for a channel last year viz. 'Star Cricket Asia'. I think, this licence will get the approval from MIB to be renamed as 'FX HD' in this month as I am sure that Star India will use this licence for launching 'FX HD' channel, because I have read somewhere else that Star India has not applied a fresh application yet for getting the uplinking licence of 'FX HD' channel, so its clear that Star India is going to use the already existing licence for launching 'FX HD' channel as it did with the 'Star Movies Select HD' channel i.e. its also launched on the already existing licence of 'Fox Crime' channel !!

bro we are talking about star sports highlight and espnews licence and you reached star sports asia

As i recalled last year Star got license for Star Cricket Asia, Star Sports Highlights, ESPN and ESPN HD*. They have applied for the licenses few years back when they were tied with Disney/ESPN.

After that Star Sports 3 HD and Star Sports 4 HD were launched. Now Star Sports 5 HD is on the queue. Surely it will be foolish to think there will not be a SD version along with it. So in basic math when there was 6 Star Sports channels in 2014, they've received license for another 4. After that they launched two HD channels (SSHD3 and SSHD4). Now easily we can expect another 2 channels. All the predictions here are made from the available information over the forums.

It's needless to say Star needs more channels right now. Think about Indian cricket collides with local Football, kabaddi or badminton at the same time. All the 8 channels will be used for 2 sports surely. Then where is the space of other sports?

They even showed Bangladesh vs SA 3 ODIs and 2 T20s in SSHD3 and SS3 along with 2 english commentary channels. Its obviously a new trend. As i recalled no other sports/matches has not been shown in Hindi except India/Indians are participating. World Cup is different, that's ICC event.

* Breaking News: Star Sports receives permission to broadcast in regional languages, 4 new channels

samand said:
bro we are talking about star sports highlight and espnews licence and you reached star sports asia
Bro, its there in the list, you can check it by yourself, just after Star Sports HD5 and one more thing bro, its not Star Sports Asia, its Star Cricket Asia !!

And bro, you were the only, who asked just now that, 'any more updates in this list' !!:):):)

skm30 said:
Bro, its there in the list, you can check it by yourself, just after Star Sports HD5 and one more thing bro, its not Star Sports Asia, its Star Cricket Asia !!

And bro, you were the only, who asked just now that, 'any more updates in this list' !!:):):)

ss Asia is not even for India... also they dont usee sports channel license for gen ent and vicevesrsa afaik

https://dreamdth.com/community/thre...t-in-regional-languages-4-new-channels.45660/

As mentioned in the above thread which is 1 year old, they said 4 channels were being launched ESpn, Espn :HD, star sports highlights and star cricket asia

Of this ESpn and ESpn :HD license is being used by SS 3 :HD & SS 4 :HD
Star sports highlights license is renamed as SS 5 :HD
So maybe star cricket asia's license would be used for SS 5

Back
Top Bottom