• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3
  • Views: Views 1,612
Status
Not open for further replies.

csguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am having HD DVR STB model 500gb. As I have common dish connection in my society they have provided me only 1 LNB cable.

I tried to record 2 channels simultaneously by connecting looper cable(cable from stb LNB OUT 1 to LNB IN 2 ).
i have set loop through in lnb type

It works well except .

1.for some channels there is channel mismatch occurring while recording the channels (Mostly Marathi channels)
2.if i record any marathi channel recording gets corrupted after completion of recording(only first few seconds remain)

Has anyone ever tried that? stb might have some another setting for that. d2h technicians say there no option except i will require 2 cables for recording..

Can you please try it on looper cable(if u dont have u can make it using existing cable)

I had the same problem, had to get the dual LNB to solve the issue.

I don't have a DVR and can't test it personally.
Theoretically it should work to some extent. Only draw back will be you will be able to watch/ record the channels with same polarity as that of the channel tuned on the direct connection. Either H or V polarity channels will work on both the tuners.

Why is the recording getting corrupted?- A rough guess. Since the second tuner is sending out 13V or 18V to change the polarity of LNB based on channel selected, that voltage passes to the tuner 1 via your loop cable. You may need to turn the power off for second tuner (in settings if possible) or use an power isolator in your loop cable. That's just my guess, without trying out practically I can't confirm.

use 1+2 spalater power pass
Hi everyone,

I am having HD DVR STB model 500gb. As I have common dish connection in my society they have provided me only 1 LNB cable.

I tried to record 2 channels simultaneously by connecting looper cable(cable from stb LNB OUT 1 to LNB IN 2 ).
i have set loop through in lnb type

It works well except .

1.for some channels there is channel mismatch occurring while recording the channels (Mostly Marathi channels)
2.if i record any marathi channel recording gets corrupted after completion of recording(only first few seconds remain)

Has anyone ever tried that? stb might have some another setting for that. d2h technicians say there no option except i will require 2 cables for recording..

Can you please try it on looper cable(if u dont have u can make it using existing cable)
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock