Madras HC rules in favour of Arasu Corporation in dispute with TRAI

Viki said:
Actually it is the right time to stop SCV monopoly in TN as many MSO's has infrastructure and license. If really Govt is bothering about people and for service , it should support implementing DAS in all the cities. DAS is actually beneficial to people. But what Arasu is doing.

Had all the LCO's joined with TCCL (MSO formed by a group of LCO's) and moved to DAS and offered such good packages and service then we wouldn't be having this discussion now as we would have been happy with what we have. ;) ;)

Viki said:
Boss , I never said SCV is having the mandatory package!!! Did I said that!!!

It is you , who said

Don't deviate from this...Now in your 1st screenshot where is the good English language channels for Rs 133.50?!!

Star Movies, WB, HBO, Zee Studio, BBC, Bloomberg, CNN and all Ten and most Start Sports channels.

I have both my favorite Eng movies and news channels in this list. I would have selected the same list had i selected from A-La-Carte.

Viki said:
It is practically impossible for a LCO to have all MSO signals and let the customer choose. But multiple LCO's in a single area is possible , but who ever in power will be the biggest LCO in that area.

Well said...Im there with you.. i have already argued with housemd many times for this and he always says that he want multiple MSO. He does not understand the practical difficulties in implementing, he talks like a layman and he always compares that to a DTH. For DTH we give a signal on one satellite and the footprint covers multiple countries.. for a MSO to give signal he has to depend on the cable, who will bear the cable cost for multiple MSO? and most of the MSO signals are fiber not sure if he knows the cost of Fiber cable for every meter. He wants everything to be cheap at the expense of the LCO ...anyways this argument will never end with HOUSEMD he always comes with his own explanation.

Satvijay said:
Well said...Im there with you.. i have already argued with housemd many times for this and he always says that he want multiple MSO. He does not understand the practical difficulties in implementing, he talks like a layman and he always compares that to a DTH. For DTH we give a signal on one satellite and the footprint covers multiple countries.. for a MSO to give signal he has to depend on the cable, who will bear the cable cost for multiple MSO? and most of the MSO signals are fiber not sure if he knows the cost of Fiber cable for every meter. He wants everything to be cheap at the expense of the LCO ...anyways this argument will never end with HOUSEMD he always comes with his own explanation.

Nopes, i never continued to argue for LCO's to have multiple MSO's (though i initially though this was possible but stopped once i came to know this is impossible), but i want multiple LCO's subscribed to different MSO's in every area so people can choose their MSO's by moving to the respective LCO.

LCO 1: SCV
LCO 2: Arasu
LCO 3: TCCL
LCO 4: JAK

But LCO's never want newer operators in their place and want to promote monopolism at any cost.

When Landlines that has cables for service have these options and Internet broadband that too has cables for service has this option why cant local cable have??

Due to this attitude of LCO's, Arasu has become a sole option to counter these LCO and MSO menace.

sathishbabu4u said:
yeh HOUSE MD, u yet to use TCCL and Arasu then how u telling they are better than SCV. Simply searching in google and website , telling scv is worst and Arasu , TCCL is best ..
Am neutral not supporting any one and not against any one. Ya, i agree SCV demonite whole chennai with CAS system for last 10 years.. But supporting to anyother monopoly Arasu will not solve the problem.
Better you go with any DTH , and subscriber what ever channels u want, From the ur forums, it looks u want uncommon channels (like Australia network, and other foreign channels), Local cable is for common regional person, where SCV analog atmost fills that one . Again am not supporter or against any MSO / Politician
Arasu is the culprite which delaying DAS in chennai , not SCV

Its simple.... he will not go for DTH or buy STB, he always compares MSO packages and asks that he wants the cheapest which is offered to some area. No MSO is perfect( they are all influenced by current rulling party or some politician) and we have no choice. either we willl have to live with it or move with the DTH available,Cable system is somthing similar to mobile services, in chennai idea/tatadocomo gives the lowest call tariffs for 30P to any mobile whereas airtel/vodafone/aircel charges it higher or else we will have to use a pack to reduce the tariff which again works expensive, it will always be like that any new player will give attractive tariff to get customer, we really dont know for how many days or month TCCL will stay with the same package and channels, there is always * conditions apply to all the packages.

People supporting SCV just for the sake that have bought SCV STB or been being as SCV LCO and they are stubborn on it...

So there is no point in explaining "why Arasu should take over tamilnadu?" to them..

But one thing is clear.. Arasu will be final destination for tamilnadu..:tup

Cheer up HOUSE-MD:tup:clap:sp

HOUSE-MD said:
Nopes, i never continued to argue for LCO's to have multiple MSO's (though i initially though this was possible but stopped once i came to know this is impossible), but i want multiple LCO's subscribed to different MSO's in every area so people can choose their MSO's by moving to the respective LCO.

LCO 1: SCV
LCO 2: Arasu
LCO 3: TCCL
LCO 4: JAK

But LCO's never want newer operators in their place and want to promote monopolism at any cost.

When Landlines that has cables for service have these options and Internet broadband that too has cables for service has this option why cant local cable have??

Due to this attitude of LCO's, Arasu has become a sole option to counter these LCO and MSO menace.

LCO cannot move to other MSO so easily that to with the current scenario, say for example i have SCV STB if my LCO moves to some new MSO I will not get signal on my STB, i really dont know why you dont understand this. landlines have seperate cables, not one cable for the same airtel/bsnl/reliance.

HOUSE-MD said:
Star Movies, WB, HBO, Zee Studio, BBC, Bloomberg, CNN and all Ten and most Start Sports channels.

I have both my favorite Eng movies and news channels in this list. I would have selected the same list had i selected from A-La-Carte.

Ok 4 English Movie channels & 6 Eng News channels & 2 Kids Eng & 7 Sports in TCCL for 133.50

But , in SCV for 215 you are getting

6 Movies & 10 News & 7 Kids & 8 Sports & 8 Eng GEC & 12 Infotainment!?

Then how are you comparing these packages!? If you have compared both 133.50 packages , I would have agreed TCCL is the best in that case.

And all the packages Adithya & Chutti is missing which is leading Tamil channels in that Genre how an LCO can answer his customers when customer asks for these channels!

First you have to understand in TN market people will not accept any TV connection with out SUN network channels. For a LCO's to choose his MSO that would be the first priority for him

From MSO's point of view , People is segregated like

People wants basic connection - Basic means all leading Tamil Channels

People with Sports interest - Basic Tamil & Sports

People with News interest - Basic Tamil & News

People with English Entertainment Interest -

People with English Entertainment Interest is very few in ground reality , may be you can see lot in forums as they have access to internet and other stuffs. But actually this population will not cross not more than 10% in reality. So for MSO & LCO's addressing 90%'s requirement will be the first priority.

aravindan said:
People supporting SCV just for the sake that have bought SCV STB or been being as SCV LCO and they are stubborn on it...

So there is no point in explaining "why Arasu should take over tamilnadu?" to them..

But one thing is clear.. Arasu will be final destination for tamilnadu..:tup

Cheer up HOUSE-MD:tup:clap:sp

Tell me why Arasu should take over Tamil Nadu! What change you have seen in Rest of Tamil Nadu just because of Arasu cable!

Mind , now it is not only SCV LCO's opposing Arasu's moves...It is Arasu's LCO's!! If you don't know about that , that doesn't mean that what ever you speaks is right...

If you don't have points just stay off from this discussion...

Viki said:
Ok 4 English Movie channels & 6 Eng News channels & 2 Kids Eng & 7 Sports in TCCL for 133.50

But , in SCV for 215 you are getting

6 Movies & 10 News & 7 Kids & 8 Sports & 8 Eng GEC & 12 Infotainment!?

Then how are you comparing these packages!? If you have compared both 133.50 packages , I would have agreed TCCL is the best in that case.

And all the packages Adithya & Chutti is missing which is leading Tamil channels in that Genre how an LCO can answer his customers when customer asks for these channels!

First you have to understand in TN market people will not accept any TV connection with out SUN network channels. For a LCO's to choose his MSO that would be the first priority for him

From MSO's point of view , People is segregated like

People wants basic connection - Basic means all leading Tamil Channels

People with Sports interest - Basic Tamil & Sports

People with News interest - Basic Tamil & News

People with English Entertainment Interest -

People with English Entertainment Interest is very few in ground reality , may be you can see lot in forums as they have access to internet and other stuffs. But actually this population will not cross not more than 10% in reality. So for MSO & LCO's addressing 90%'s requirement will be the first priority.

Viki, i already told rite, HOUSE MD needs uncommon channels (foreign channels , english movies channels and football channels), but a common tamil regional person needs Popular tamil channels , some good english channels, popular sports channels (this only missing in SCV analog, that most LCOs providing for india cricket matches)., these things available in SCV analog, then why i have to connect Arasu which is delaying DAS, not allowing others MSOs to start DAS in chennai. Remember Arasu STB is costier than SCV STB. How can compare SCV and Arasu i don't know.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock