Malayalam Movies Updates

Gayathri Suresh is a Kalathilakam in her next film...
3e361c9282db9ceb061ab1f8a2f0a615.jpg

It's only been a year since Gayathri Suresh made her debut in Mollywood with Jamnapyari but the actress, who is also straddling her banking career, has managed to bag some big projects along the way. Her latest film is Tom Emmatty's Oru Mexican Apaaratha that has Tovino Thomas in the lead.
The debutant director tells us that Gayathri plays a college student in the movie set against the backdrop of campus politics in Maharaja's College, Ernakulam.
"Her character is infatuated with that of Tovino, who also studies in the same college. In the movie, Tovino emerges an SFI student leader after his reaction to certain incidents," Tom says.
Further on her character, Gayathri explains, "She's a bold individual who has her own strong and clear opinions. She's also an artiste and a Kalathilakam, who is keen to participate in all the art and cultural competitions."
The movie will go on floors on October 5 in Ernakulam. However, Gayathri is set to join the sets only by the end of this month as she's busy shooting for Sidhartha Siva's upcoming movie with Nivin Pauly in the lead.
"We began the second schedule of Sidhartha's film, a few days ago in Kottayam. I play a nurse named Aishwarya in the movie. That is all I am allowed to reveal," she says. Incidentally, the film has Nivin also playing a student leader.

Tovino Thomas: Gayathri Suresh is a Kalathilakam in her next - Times of India

Miya to act with Mammootty for the first time...
bfff999f74f974727dbc93807a71cede.jpg

It's a double treat for Miya in her latest film, The Great Father. The movie will have her teaming up with Mammootty for the first time in her career and also playing the role of doctor again after Anarkali.
The actress, who was last seen in Malayalam in a cameo in Valleem Thetti Pulleem Thetti, says that the upcoming Haneef Adeni directorial has an interesting script.
"I play a doctor who helps out the characters essayed by Mammukka and Sneha in a crucial situation," she says. "I cannot reveal anything more about my character because then I would have to go into the details of the plot and I'd rather not do that because the film is a thriller."
The movie also offered her a chance to act with Mammootty. "I have met and talked to him earlier but this is the first time I am working with him," says Miya. "It's definitely a great feeling when you get to work with top stars in the industry such as Mammootty and Mohanlal. I consider it a blessing to act in the industry during their time. Years later, when I am old and wrinkly, it's something I know I would cherish."
Meanwhile, the actress has finished shooting for two Tamil films, the latest being Yeman that has Vijay Antony in the lead. "The shoot of the Telugu film directed by Kranti Madhav is progressing now. As far as Malayalam is concerned, I am in discussions for a few projects but have not signed anything yet," she concludes.

Thriller: Miya to act with Mammootty for the first time - Times of India

Puli Murugan Will Not Have A Massive Kerala Release...!!

Puli Murugan, the highly anticipated Mohanlal movie is finally hitting the screen on October 7. As per the latest updates, the movie will not have a massive release in Kerala as expected.
Earlier, the team was planning to release Puli Murugan in about 200 screens in Kerala. But, according to the reports, the team changed the decision considering the excellent box office performance of Oppam, Mohanlal's recent release.
Oppam is doing extremely well at the box office and is expected to emerge as the highest ever grosser of the industry. Reportedly, Mohanlal doesn't want Puli Murugan's release to affect the performance of the movie.

It is obvious that Oppam will lose its footing at the box office if Puli Murugan is release in over 200 screens. The theatre owners might get forced to lessen the number of Oppam shows, due to the unavailability of screens.

So, Puli Murugan will only release in 160 screens in Kerala, but the movie will hit about 165 screens outside Kerala. The crew is planning to release the movie in more screens, only after analysing the first week collections.
Puli Murugan is directed by Vysakh and scripted by Udayakrishna of Sibi K Thomas-Udayakrishna duo. Kamalinee Mukherjee essays the female lead in the movie, which is produced by Mulakupadam Films.

CONFIRMED: Puli Murugan Will Not Have A Massive Kerala Release! - Filmibeat

'Jomonte Suvisheshangal' shoot in progress...

The shooting of the film 'Jomonte Suvisheshangal' directed by Satyan Anthikkad featuring Dulquer Salmaan is in progress.

'Kaakka Muttai' fame Aiswarya Rajesh is the heroine. Mukesh and Tamil actor Manobala do prominent roles in the film.

The script is penned by Iqbal Kuttippuram. Premam fame Anupama Parameswaran is another heroine. Vinu Mohan, Innocent, Irshad, Muthumani, Jacob Gregory, Indu Thamby, and Rasna also play major roles.

Vidyasagar is the music director and S Kumar is the cinematographer. 'Jomonte Suvisheshangal' is produced by Sethu Manarkad under the banner of Fullmoon Cinema.

'Jomonte Suvisheshangal' shoot in progress

Lelam 2 Is On Cards...!!!

Lelam, the 1997-released blockbuster movie, will soon have a sequel. It has been confirmed that Renji Panicker is joining hands with son Nithin Renjith Panicker for Lelam 2, which will start rolling soon.The team made an official confirmation recently and revealed that Lelam 2 will be the first movie outing of Suresh Gopi after he became the Member of Parliament. Reportedly, a popular young actor is also appearing in a pivotal role in the film. The prequel, which is considered as one of the biggest hits in Suresh Gopi's career, was directed by Joshiy.According to the sources close to the project, Nandini and Siddique are also expected to reprise their roles from the original in the sequel. The rest of the star cast and further details will be revealed soon.

Renji Panicker had revealed that he is scripting for a prestigious project, in the recently aired Badai Bungalow show. Now, it has been confirmed that the project he mentioned in the show is Lelam 2.It is the second directorial venture of Nithin Renji Panicker, who made his debut with Mammootty movie, Kasaba. The movie has emerged as one of the highest grosser of 2016.

CONFIRMED: Lelam 2 Is On Cards! - Filmibeat

Mohanlal's Puli Murugan Bags A Clean 'U'...

Puli Murugan, the much-awaited Mohanlal starrer is all set to hit the theatres on October 7. The action thriller successfully completed the censor board formalities recently and bagged a clean U certificate. The movie, which is directed by Vysakh, depicts the bond between a man and animal. Puli Murugan is expected to break all the pre-existing box office records of Malayalam cinema.
Mohanlal essays the central character Murugan, a fearless hunter. He is an expert when it comes to dealing with wild animals. But at the same time, Murugan is a loving, innocent person at heart.
The complete actor has recently stated that it is one of the most challenging films in his career. Mohanlal has earned wide appreciations for the exceptional fight sequences featured in the official trailer.

Peter Hein, the highest paid stunt choreographer of Indian cinema, has handled the action choreography of the movie. Along with a Mohanlal, a Bengal tiger is essaying a pivotal role in the movie.
Puli Murugan stars Kamalinee Mukherjee in the female lead. Telugu actor Jagapati Babu, Lal, Kishore, KPAC Lalitha, MR Gopakumar, Suraj Venjarammoodu, Makarand Deshpande, Bala, Namitha, etc, appear in the supporting roles.

Mohanlal's Puli Murugan Bags A Clean 'U' - Filmibeat

Thoppil Joppan Bags A Clean U Certificate From Censor Board...

Mammootty's highly anticipated comical entertainer, Thoppil Joppan is all set to hit the theatres on October 7. Reportedly, Thoppil Joppan has finally finished its censoring and bagged a clean U certificate.
The movie, which stars Mammootty in the title role Joppan, marks the comeback of popular film-maker Johny Antony. Thoppil Joppan is scripted by Nishad Koya, who made a mark with the blockbuster movie Ordinary.
Interestingly, Mollywood is finally receiving a chance to witness the box office war between a Mammootty starrer and a Mohanlal project on October 7. Mohanlal's Puli Murugan is also releasing on the same day.
The superstars are having a common release date for their films, after a long gap of 15 years. Thoppil Joppan has set several records with its first and second teasers, thus raising the expectations over the movie.

Thoppil Joppan stars Mamtha Mohandas and Andrea Jeremiah in the female leads. Mamtha plays Maria, a young lady doctor, while Andrea appears as Annie, the ex-lover of the title character Joppan.
Harisree Ashokan, Salim Kumar, Renji Panicker, Suresh Krishna, Alancier, Saju Navodaya, Baby Akshara, etc play the supporting roles. Thoppil Joppan is produced Noushad and Jeevan for banner Grande Productions.

Thoppil Joppan Bags A Clean U Certificate From Censor Board - Filmibeat

'Kattappanayile Hrithik Rosshen' shoot in progress...

The shooting of 'Kattappanayile Hrithik Roshen', the second directorial venture of Nadir Shah is in progress.

The script is penned by Vishnu Unnikrishnan and Bibin George. The movie revolves around a film lover who tries hard to become part of movies, though he has no skill for the same. The role is done by Vishnu Unnikrishnan.

Prayaga Martin and 'Maheshinte Prathikaram' fame Lijimol are the heroines. Siddique, Salim Kumar, Dharmajan Bolgatty, Kalabhavan Shajon, and Kottayam Nazeer play significant roles.

'Kattappanayile Hrithik Roshen' is produced by Dr Zacharia Thomas and Dileep under the banner of United Global Media Entertainment in association with NAD Group.

'Kattappanayile Hrithik Rosshen' shoot in progress

'Sarvopari Palakkaran' started rolling...

The shooting of the film 'Sarvopari Palakkaran' started. The movie directed by Venugopan features Anoop Menon and Aparna Balamurali in the main roles.

Anu Sitara, Gayatri Arun, Alansiar, Nandu, Vijayakumar, Chali Pala, Manuraj, Balu Varghese, Manju Satheesh, and Roshen also include the cast.

The script is written by S Suresh Babu. Bijibal composes music for the lines written by Madhu Vasudevan and B Sandhya.

'Sarvopari Palakkaran' is produced by Adv Aji Jose under the banner of Rubiks Movies.

'Sarvopari Palakkaran' started rolling

'Fukri' shoot started...

Jayasurya's new film 'Fukri' directed by Siddique started rolling. The film is scripted by Siddique himself. Anu Sithara and Prayaga Martin are the heroines.

Lal does a prominent role in this family comedy entertainer. The movie narrates the story of an orthodox Muslim family.

Jayasurya plays Lukman aka Lucky, an Engineering dropout. He along with his friend Franklin, played by Bhagath Manuel, often gets entangled in troubles and the movie humorously narrates how they get out of them.

Krishna Prabha and Soubin Shahir also include the main cast. 'Fukri' is the maiden production venture of Siddique's S Talkies.

'Fukri' shoot started

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock