Malayalam Movies Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Rajkumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 782
  • Views Views: Views 75,464
Sachin Tendulkar wants to watch 1983 with Nivin Pauly.

Nivin Pauly's 1983 went to create a lot of landmarks in Mollywood, even fetching him a State Award for the Best Actor. The film, which closely follows Sachin Tendulkar's career and how it influences the movie's protagonist Rameshan, have also helped to bring the cricketing legend and the actor closer. So much, that Sachin, in his recent visit to Kozhikode, had said in a radio interview that he wishes to watch the movie with Nivin Pauly.

The Master Blaster, who was in Kerala for a promotional event, said, "I remember having a chat with my friend Nivin Pauly about 1983. He narrated what he was trying to do and all that. But I am going to sit with him and watch the movie in Malayalam, with subtitles. It will be nice and Nivin is one guy who has been supportive of Kerala Blasters, and I want to thank him for all the support and wishes."

Nivin Pauly, who was played the recording of the clip by the radio show host, was thrilled to hear what his cricketing hero had to say. "I am overwhelmed," he said. The Premam star said that the team behind the film had always wanted Sachin to watch the movie, so his comments are more than welcome in that regard.

"In fact, when we were doing the film, our biggest wish was to make Sachin watch the movie. Now, that I am associated with the football club, I had told him that we had tried approaching him several times for that but didn't succeed. A few months earlier, he asked me to give him a DVD. I told him I would hand it over to his manager. He said that wasn't necessary and I could give it to him directly. He said he will try and watch it when he gets the time. He even asked if there were subtitles back then too," said Nivin, during the show.

It wasn't the first time that Sachin is reminded that 1983 is inspired by his career. "During the breaks of the Kerala Blasters matches, a lot of people bring it up. So, I think he knows about the movie well," said the actor.

Last October, when Nivin was chosen as the ambassador for the football club, which is co-owned by Sachin, the actor had described it as a "dream-come-true moment." Recounting the first time he met Sachin, Nivin said, "The first time I met him, I was nervous and he had also asked me that. I told him, "When I standing next to the person that I have always wanted to meet, couldn't I afford to be a bit nervous?"
Let's hope that 1983 surely hooks Sachin to Malayalam movies, and we wonder how he would react to the hilarious scene where Srinda's character points to Sachin's poster and asks, "Ithaarude photoya chetta? (Whose photo is this?)"

Sachin Tendulkar wants to watch 1983 with Nivin Pauly - The Times of India

Fukri box-office collection day 1: The film fetches 1.52 crores on the first day of release.

Actor Jayasurya has nailed it yet again, this time with the comedy film titled 'Fukri'. On the day of release, the film recently managed to open to packed theatres. The icing on the cake is that the makers of the film have fetched a whopping 1.52 crores on the first day itself.

The film has Jayasurya essaying the role of an engineering drop out, and is seeking ways to mint money. Fukri also has Prayaga Martin and Anu SIthara, playing prominent roles.

Fukri box-office collection day 1: The film fetches 1.52 crores on the first day of release - Times of India

Sexy Durga wins at International Film Festival of Rotterdam.

Sanal Kumar Sasidharan's film Sexy Durga had made news when it was selected for the competition section of the International Film Festival of Rotterdam (IFFR).

The film has now won the prestigious Hivor Tiger Award, the first Indian film to win the honour. According to the jury, the film won for "its daring and resourceful approach in creating a mood of constant tension. The particular use of camera and acting give a sense of immediacy and momentum, while providing an insight into multi-layered power dynamics of gender, class and authority."

The movie's director, who had ealier helmed Ozhivudivasathe Kali, said, "This is for the team Sexy Durga. This is for Malayalam independent cinema."
The film, a road movie starring Kannan Nayar and Rajshri Deshpande in the lead roles, is yet to release in a mainstream theatre in Kerala.

Set up in 1995 with the aim of discovering, promoting and distinguishing up-and-coming international film talent, the award is accompanied by a 40,000 cash prize (~`29 lakh) to be divided between director and producer.

Hivor Tiger Award: Sexy Durga wins at International Film Festival of Rotterdam - Times of India

Mohanlal's war drama to get an all-India release.

Mohanlal's upcoming movies are now seemingly getting widespread attention, and to cash in on it, the makers have now chosen subjects that would appeal to audience in multiple languages. His next release 1971: Beyond Borders, a war-drama, will for the first time have its protagonist and army official Mahadevan, played by Mohanlal, venturing out of the country for an international mission.

The team has now completed the movie's shoot in Georgia on Sunday, and now plans are in place to release it in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi. "We are planning an all-India release," says Major Ravi. "Mohanlal has become larger than life onscreen now and it's the right time to make a movie that can afford a national release."

On the movie, the director says it conveys a strong message on "what is the need of a war". "My movies have always showed the positive side of the army and I have done what I can to boost the army. If people watch my movies, they should be proud of the uniform," says the filmmaker.

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/malayalam/movies/news/mohanlals-war-drama-to-get-an-all-india-release/articleshow/56983745.cms

Mohanlal braves biting cold climate of Georgia during the shoot of 1971: Beyond Borders.

When a duo such as actor Mohanlal and director Major Ravi team up for a project, the audience can expect nothing short of an edge of the seat thriller. The Malayali film enthusiasts are eagerly awaiting the release of their next film '1971: Beyond Borders', and as the film's shoot is on its verge, the team of the film has been shooting at Georgia.

As per a recent video that was posted online, the actor is seen braving the biting cold climate of Georgia, and apparently, it is the first Malayalam film to be shot at the location. Looks like nothing can stop the actor from shooting for films under adverse atmosphere and dampen his spirits!

1971: Beyond Borders movie: Mohanlal braves biting cold climate of Georgia during the shoot of 1971: Beyond Borders | Malayalam Movie News - Times ...

Colonel Mahadevan to lead a UN mission in his war drama.

Mohanlal's upcoming war drama, 1971: Beyond Borders, has Mohanlal in two roles - as Major Sahadevan and his son Mahadevan. The movie's director Major Ravi tells us, "Sahadevan will appear in two timelines - as a Major and a retired 85-year-old Brigadier. His son Mahadevan, who is the hero of the Keerthichakra franchise, has now been promoted to the rank of Colonel in the current timeline." The director though informs that the two characters will not be seen together in the movie.'

While the team had shot most of Sahadevan's portions, which happen during the 1971 Indo-Pak war, in Rajasthan, they have filmed Mahadevan's portions in the Eurasian country, Georgia.

"We shot part of a UN mission that Colonel Mahadevan would be leading. We have a lot of action sequences shot in Georgia as well but none of them will involve battle tanks as was in the case of Major Sahadevan. It was a short schedule," says the director, who had wrapped up the shooting of the movie on Sunday.

The film, which also has Allu Sirish, Arunoday Singh and Asha Sharath, will have an all-India release, according to the director. "We have almost confirmed the release in Tamil and Telugu. We are waiting for distributors in Hindi. The movie has a national subject and it's high time a Malayalam movie gets that much of an exposure," says Major Ravi.

The filmmaker adds that he's got Mohanlal to thank for the platform, especially with the superstar's previous few releases becoming box office success. "His characters have a larger-than-life persona, and of late he's opening up new markets for Malayalam cinema as well as widening the canvas for filmmakers. Having him as the hero of a film
now opens up a different avenue for Malayalam directors," says Major Ravi, adding that movie is expected to be an April release.

1971: Beyond Borders film: Colonel Mahadevan to lead a UN mission in his war drama - Times of India

Prakash Raj ropes in Jayaram for his Tamil-Malayalam bilingual.

Jayaram's skills with the chenda have once again landed him a role in another movie.
This time the actor has been roped in to star in Prakash Raj's upcoming directorial, which will be released in Malayalam and Tamil.

The duo had recently acted together in Achayans and that's when Prakash Raj got to know about Jayaram's expertise as a percussionist. Jayaram tell us, "He never knew that I played chenda professionally till he saw me perform. After that, he told me a subject that he had in his mind for long. I loved the story as the character of the movie is someone who needed the skills of a percussionist. So, I could relate to it too."

Prakash Raj then sprang a surprise, says the Malayalam actor, by telling him that he wanted Jayaram to play the protagonist of the movie. "I was more than happy to agree. He told me that it is a dream project for him and he has now started work on the script," says the actor, adding that the movie will go on floors this year.

The friendship between the two actors goes back more than two decades, says Jayaram. "I have known him from his second movie in Tamil. I was doing Nila in 1994 when his debut Tamil film Duet hit the theatres. I asked my director to watch Duet and told him that there's a good actor in it, who has done a few Kannada movies and he would be a great addition to our movie. That's how Prakash sir was cast as the villain in Nila. After that we have gone on to do a lot of Tamil movies," says Jayaram.

The actor also explains that he has been trying to get Prakash Raj to do a Malayalam movie for some time. "Every time I had approached him, he was busy with some other project. But when we pitched the script of Achayans, he said, 'I can't say no anymore to you, so just tell me the dates and I'll join the film'."

Prakash Raj has also sung for the Malayalam movie, which also has Amala Paul, Unni Mukundan, Adil Ibrahim and Anu Sithara.

Achayans: Prakash Raj ropes in Jayaram for his Tamil-Malayalam bilingual | Malayalam Movie News - Times of India

Dileep’s Onam release has been decided.

Festival seasons are always for superstars and there's none bigger than Onam. Dileep seems to be the first to throw down the gauntlet this year, with the actor already zeroing in on his Onam release.
The movie will be Kammarasambhavam, which also would mark the debut of Tamil actor Siddharth. The film, scripted by Murali Gopy and directed by Rathish Ambat, will be set in three time periods.

The team has shot a few portions of the movie, and will soon begin its next schedule on March 1. Theni and Chennai will the main locations during the schedule. Meanwhile, Dileep's next release will be Georgettan's Pooram.

Siddharth: Dileep’s Onam release has been decided | Malayalam Movie News - Times of India

Prithviraj's Karnan To Go On Floors In August.

Karnan, the upcoming Prithviraj starring epic drama is said to be one of the costliest projects ever made in the history of Mollywood. The movie directed by RS Vimal will go on floors in August.
Director Vimal confirmed the news in a recent interview given to a popular Malayalam online news portal. The team has already begun pre-production works of the movie in Ramoji Rao Film City, Hyderabad.

The pre-production team, which consists of about 200 technicians have been working from about the past sixth months on the project. Interestingly, the team has already made a digital storyboard for the movie.

Reportedly, the team is planning to recreate the ancient kingdoms of Hasthinapuri and Indraprastha, with the help of animation artists. The major portions of the movie will be filmed at Ramoji Rao Film City and Varanasi.

Karnan will feature an ensemble star cast, including the actors from Bollywood, Tamil and Telugu industries. The movie will be released as a multi-lingual, in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, and English.

Baahubali cinematographer KK Senthil Kumar has been roped in as the director of photography. Gopi Sundar composes the songs and background score. Karnan is produced by Venu Kunnapally for Kavya Films.

CONFIRMED: Prithviraj's Karnan To Go On Floors In August - Filmibeat

"Aadu Oru Bheegara Jeevi Aanu 2" For Christmas 2017.

Aadu Oru Bheegara Jeevi Aanu 2, the much-awaited sequel of the 2015-released Jayasurya movie Aadu Oru Bheegara Jeevi Aanu, will hit the theatres for Christmas 2017. Producer Vijay Babu announced the news through his official Facebook page, recently.
As per the reports, the movie which is said to be a action comedy, will start rolling by mid-2017 Aadu Oru Bheegara Jeevi Aanu, which was scripted by Midhun Manuel Thomas, was a critical and commercial during the time of its release.

But, the movie and Jayasurya's character Shaji Pappan earned a huge fan following, post the release of the DVD. The film was widely appreciated by the audiences on social media, which is why the makers decided to make a sequel.

The rumour mills have started speculating that the sequel has been shelved, due to the ugly fallout between the producers of the project, Vijay Babu and Sandra Thomas. But, Vijay finally confirmed that Aadu 2 is very much in the pipeline.

Jayasurya, Saiju Kurup, Dharmajan Bolgatty, Vijay Babu, and the rest of the main star cast of Aadu Oru Bheegara Jeevi Aanu, are expected to reprise their roles in the sequel as well. The rest of the star cast and further details will be announced soon.

WOW! Aadu Oru Bheegara Jeevi Aanu 2 For Christmas 2017 - Filmibeat

Back
Top Bottom