Master list of Permitted TV channels as on 31/1/2017

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 5,685
RE: MIB issues 3 TV channel licences in Jan, Star gets nod to launch Star Suvarna HD

So I filed a rti with mib wanting to know the no of satellite channels operationalised till date but it seems the government doesn't have the number. This is simply ludicrous.

See my questions and their corresponding reply -

Description of Information Sought

1. Total no of licenses issued for private satellite channels in India till 31/01/2017.
2. Total no of licenses cancelled for private satellite channels till 31/01/2017.
3. Total no of tv channels permitted for uplink from India and downlink into India till 31/01/2017.
4. Total no of tv channels permitted to downlink into India but uplink from abroad till 31/01/2017.
5. From Point No. 3 above, how many licenses have been operationalised till 31/01/2017.
6. From Point No. 4 above, how many licenses have been operationalised till 31/01/2017.
7. How many applications for licenses are pending for private satellite channels for uplink from India and downlink into India till 31/01/2017.
8. How many applications for licenses are pending for private satellite channels for downlink into India but uplink from abroad till 31/01/2017.
9. Can the information for Point Nos 5 and 6 be given in the monthly status report on status of permitted satellite channels which is issued every month.
10. Is there a specific date every month by which the data for information sought in point nos 1-4 above is uploaded on mib.nic.in

Reply - 

:For point I to 4: The information is available on the website of Ministry ofInformation & Broadcastiry i.e. WWW://MIB.NIC.IN.

For point 5 to 8: The information sought by you is not available in the compiled formand compiling the same would disproportionately divert the Iesoulces of the PublicAuthority, hence the same is exempted rmder Section 7(9) ofthe RTI Act.

For point 9: Not possible in view ofthe above.

For point l0: No specific date is there. However, efforts are made to update the sameon monthly basis as early as possible,

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock