My experience with new D2H connection

Vikram said:
people said:
my friend's brother working on d2h.so no worries.

Inform The Your Brother For Solving anandsarathy's D2h Queries :)

yes i will inform to him, he is in customer service(marketing team).he is not my brother ,my friends brother.

Nice review of a new D2H connection...can you also share some screen shots please? It will make this thread very useful for others who want to migrate from cable to DTH.

I also recently migrated from digital cable to D2h HD. I have D2h at my home town for parents and noticed that picture quality was far better from DishTV, which they had before. For me D2h is the only option as my TV does not support PAL / HDMI 50Hz signal.

Order to installation: 2 working days (ordered on a Saturday night, installed on Tuesday the 6th Nov)
Only question I had to the installer was how to change the audio language option in a multi-feed channel. That is not intuitive in D2h. Hitting Info then "Yellow"- wow what a long way..

I don't use the D2h remote as I use URC R50 universal remote. Took 15~20 mins to copy all the buttons from the remote and set up macros. So, can't comment on remote.

Major gripe: No Dolby (AC3?) Audio via HDMI. I have only two Digital connections in my HT receiver and had to remove TV audio and connect D2h directly to the receiver. Earlier Digital Coax was connected to HTPC and Optical was from TV. Now, Coax is to D2h and Optical to HTPC. So, I need to add a selector switch for adding TV back to HT.

Picture Quality: Definitely better than Dish TV, slightly lower to TataSky. (Have not watched TataSky for long, only at friends place. So, it is not apple to apple comparison.)

Overall, I say best value for money.

anandsarathy said:
Hi D2H users,

Iam from Chennai,a first-time user migrated to DTH, with Videocon D2H new SD connection. Booked an SD connection , online price paid Rs.1540 incl 4mnth New South Gold pack+installation. First 10days over with new connection

Summary of my personal experience

1. INSTALLATION/DELIVERY - Within a day, they called and co-ordinted the time of installtion. Installation was smooth

2.DEMO - Demonstration (about remote/STB usage) was not up to mark, I mean for a new user to DTH this will be required, thou its self learning process:shy

3.SUPPORT - Telephonic support toll-free they claim its 24X7, but very difficult to get hold of them to speak for queries, I tried multiple times in a day/different day,many times we are put on hold with frustrating music, if you are lucky you will be answered:D

4.TECHNICAL FAULT - My particular remote is faulty (ie) within week, the 2 buttons (channel up/down, "i") didnot work often, while other buttos worked. Reported this to their support, they replaced it with a new one, still this has the problem:angry

No proper answer from them, anybody in this forum had such issue??

5.PICTURE CLARITY - Good,as I had only seen cable so far, much better than that:). However I would not know how it compared with other DTH players

6. DD Pothigai, regional Tamil channel not provided in main feed, irrelevant other languages of DD feed provided, particular to users of Chennai/TN this may not be relevant.
DD Pothigai maynot be so popular, but still being a FTA from DD, it provides quality programs, people will watch. This I have raised with cust support, requesting few more forum friends from TN to raise this request with them

Just thought I will share my experince with you all, Welcome your feedback !:p

Whatever issues you have with them, tell them on their FB page. They are very active there and will help you! :)

piinku1 said:
anandsarathy said:
Hi D2H users,

Iam from Chennai,a first-time user migrated to DTH, with Videocon D2H new SD connection. Booked an SD connection , online price paid Rs.1540 incl 4mnth New South Gold pack+installation. First 10days over with new connection

Summary of my personal experience

1. INSTALLATION/DELIVERY - Within a day, they called and co-ordinted the time of installtion. Installation was smooth

2.DEMO - Demonstration (about remote/STB usage) was not up to mark, I mean for a new user to DTH this will be required, thou its self learning process:shy

3.SUPPORT - Telephonic support toll-free they claim its 24X7, but very difficult to get hold of them to speak for queries, I tried multiple times in a day/different day,many times we are put on hold with frustrating music, if you are lucky you will be answered:D

4.TECHNICAL FAULT - My particular remote is faulty (ie) within week, the 2 buttons (channel up/down, "i") didnot work often, while other buttos worked. Reported this to their support, they replaced it with a new one, still this has the problem:angry

No proper answer from them, anybody in this forum had such issue??

5.PICTURE CLARITY - Good,as I had only seen cable so far, much better than that:). However I would not know how it compared with other DTH players

6. DD Pothigai, regional Tamil channel not provided in main feed, irrelevant other languages of DD feed provided, particular to users of Chennai/TN this may not be relevant.
DD Pothigai maynot be so popular, but still being a FTA from DD, it provides quality programs, people will watch. This I have raised with cust support, requesting few more forum friends from TN to raise this request with them

Just thought I will share my experince with you all, Welcome your feedback !:p

just call 09250092500.It is tolled.But will get cc instantly.

Calling options to Toll-free 18001806000 and Toll 9250092500 are both are same (ie) call landing pad is the same. I tested this by calling them at same instance in parallel at different times also

people said:
Vikram said:
people said:
my friend's brother working on d2h.so no worries.

Inform The Your Brother For Solving anandsarathy's D2h Queries :)

yes i will inform to him, he is in customer service(marketing team).he is not my brother ,my friends brother.

Hi People,

Appreciate if you can check with your friends bro and get me an resolution to my below remote problem

TECHNICAL FAULT - My particular remote is faulty (ie) within week, the 2 buttons (channel up/down, "i") didnot work often, while other buttons worked. Reported this to their support, they replaced it with a new one, still this new remote also has same problem. No proper answer from D2H cust support

@ anandsarthy.
if possible,
pls post snaps of your new videocon dth

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock