New semi Smat-STB software for HD-2222-RF

lionkng123

Reaction score
WARNING: This software is only for VideoconD2H HD-2222-RF STB

***Disclaimer: Neither this forum nor I will be responsible for bricking your settop box. Please, install/ upgrade with your own responsibility.***

This software (ID-23) is to make your HD-2222-RF settop box as semi smart Settop box. I did mention "semi" as it will NOT allow to connect internet or wifi.

Features after upgrading:
  1. Bluetooth support: In USB slot insert Bluetooth dongle and connect your mobile, play songs directly from your mobile to TV thru settop box, locate your mobile thru Bluetooth dongle via D2H remote app. It will support to get few apps notification from mobile (via bluetooth) to TV
  2. Media Player: This function will work only with PVR subscribe users. Use pendrive or hard disk to view images, play audio or video directly from your settop box to TV

Steps to upgrade to manually via USB:
  1. Download the latest softare from here.
  2. It's a .zip file, so extract with any tool. It will create "HD ATOM Mob Software - DL ID 23" folder.
  3. Inside this folder, you will find "videocon" folder with software inside (00C7_000E_00F1_0017_NEW.bin.sig)
  4. Copy "videocon" folder along with the software and paste to pen drive
  5. Switch off STB from main power
  6. Insert your pen drive on STB
  7. Press the "Reset" button on the STB (behind the STB, there is a black round button beside power cable)
  8. Press and hold the "Reset" button on STB and switch on STB to main power
  9. You can see Blue light is blinking, then release the "Reset" button and wait till STB identifies firmware from USB
  10. If STB detects firmware in USB, STB will start upgrading the firmware and will display the progress over your TV screen
  11. You will get "Successfully Completed" massage once firmware upgrade is successful without any error

I did upgrade mine, just couple of hours earlier without any problem! It didn't reset any settings or favorite channel map!

Enjoy! :)

Few screen shots after upgrading:
New Menu item: "Media Player" where you can render audio, image and video files directly from USB (need to have PVR enabled)
20160228_135335.jpg

Media Player will have 2 sub options - Media Share and and Audio streaming from Mobile:
20160228_151829.jpg

20160228_151821.jpg

Media share screen looks like, where you can insert USB pen drive or HDD and directly stream audio, video and images:

20160228_135440.jpg

Second new smart feature - Connectivity:
20160228_135511.jpg

Connectivity does have couple of more sub menus, like search device, hands-free mode, find and trace your device and getting notification from mobile to TV. You need to insert Bluetooth dongle into STB USB port

20160228_151800.jpg

Enjoy. :tup

Bro,
I am having HD2244rf with s/w Id 29. R u having latest one above this id with d same features?

UI is same or changed with this new version? Can you please share some snaps. :sp

Bro, is there any lag remains after updating software to 23...?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock