Good News New update rolling out to XStream box

If u were getting OTT /Xstream subscription bcoz of DTH connection then it might be blocked if latter is suspended. I think if XStream subscription is linked with mobile or broadband account then it will continue. Even in Tata Sky VoD services were inaccessible if DTH account remained suspended. Basically u need to have some airtel connection active to use box.

Check once again if only XStream app is blocked or YouTube is also not working?

If u were getting OTT /Xstream subscription bcoz of DTH connection then it might be blocked if latter is suspended. I think if XStream subscription is linked with mobile or broadband account then it will continue. Even in Tata Sky VoD services were inaccessible if DTH account remained suspended. Basically u need to have some airtel connection active to use box.

Check once again if only XStream app is blocked or YouTube is also not working?
Xstream subscription is totally linked with mobile number/RMN...That is why, whenever we have to do a factory reset of the Xstream box because of some problems, everytime after a reset, our account details & mobile number show as NA (Not available)...If you try to open any Xstream app then, it will show you an error messages asking you to update your mobile number first before you can watch the Xstream contents...And then we need to contact @Airtel_Presense on twitter & they fix the mobile number not showing problem & when our RMN starts displaying in the account section, Xstream apps automatically starts working...

That is why I have no clue how come Xstream apps are not working as we already paid for the service separately in advance & it's only linked with our mobile number but not with our Customer IDs...Now I don't know how is this possible that YT is also not working which doesn't need any kind of subscription & is completely free...:unsure:

Xstream subscription is totally linked with mobile number/RMN...That is why, whenever we have to do a factory reset of the Xstream box because of some problems, everytime after a reset, our account details & mobile number show as NA (Not available)...If you try to open any Xstream app then, it will show you an error messages asking you to update your mobile number first before you can watch the Xstream contents...And then we need to contact @Airtel_Presense on twitter & they fix the mobile number not showing problem & when our RMN starts displaying in the account section, Xstream apps automatically starts working...

That is why I have no clue how come Xstream apps are not working as we already paid for the service separately in advance & it's only linked with our mobile number but not with our Customer IDs...Now I don't know how is this possible that YT is also not working which doesn't need any kind of subscription & is completely free...:unsure:

Yes, XStream subscription linked with mobile number but question is that if mobile number is linked with DTH/Broadband then u will face block error once DTH or Broadband connection is not in use. I think not just XStream but each OTT service will be blocked, YouTube though not part of XStream plan but comes in as part of overall service.

If it is ur airtel mobile number itself which is giving u access to these services then same terms apply to it. Basically as i said XStream box or stick is tied to ur airtel connection/number usage, won't work if u stop using their service

I just got the latest update 2680 just now...Seemed like a major update to me because it took more than 2 minutes to download on my 80 Mbps Fiber Optic connection & after it prompted me to do a restart, it took another 3 minutes to completely boot-up...Both the application version & the firmware versions got updated with this update...

I will have to see if they fixed anything in this update or not...

I checked for the update manually & got the update in the Android Settings -> Device Preferences -> About -> System Update -> Check for Update...The update will only show in this section & not in the other section...

n9qiG0J.jpg

2eJ7vuB.jpg
Looks they may have addressed below if it impacted xstreàm app as well
Airtel's mobile app flaw exposes data of 32 crore subscribers

Hello everyone, I need your help in checking some issue which I'm facing after performing the update - 2680 application version on 07th December. However, after the upgrade was successfully done when I click on check app updates I'm getting an error message on screen - OT - 107 : Unable to reach server Please try later..... Is anybody else facing the same issue currently after they upgraded their android software on the Xstream box?
t5wiozK.jpg

Hello Is anyone out there? Nobody responded to my inquiry posted on 10th December ... Now it's been more than a week. Can someone please help me out on the above issue raised?

Hello Is anyone out there? Nobody responded to my inquiry posted on 10th December ... Now it's been more than a week. Can someone please help me out on the above issue raised?
You are still facing the same issue?

Yes, I'm still facing the same issue. I had even called customer service twice they did refreshing the STB from their side but that didn't help.

Yes, I'm still facing the same issue. I had even called customer service twice they did refreshing the STB from their side but that didn't help.
I had the same issue, immediately after the update. However, it got fixed by itself. But I think this is not something we need to worry about till we have another update.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock