Good News New update rolling out to XStream box

I just got the latest update 2680 just now...Seemed like a major update to me because it took more than 2 minutes to download on my 80 Mbps Fiber Optic connection & after it prompted me to do a restart, it took another 3 minutes to completely boot-up...Both the application version & the firmware versions got updated with this update...

I will have to see if they fixed anything in this update or not...

I checked for the update manually & got the update in the Android Settings -> Device Preferences -> About -> System Update -> Check for Update...The update will only show in this section & not in the other section...

n9qiG0J.jpg

2eJ7vuB.jpg
This is a periodic security update so in this case no change happens ,

Hi..is there any chance to use other apps like YouTube and prime without recharge?

I had the same issue, immediately after the update. However, it got fixed by itself. But I think this is not something we need to worry about till we have another update.
Hi Siva, I'm still facing the same issue even after trying to update my X-Stream set top box (issue was reported on the forum on 10th December 2019). My current application version is 1.0.2680 & the firmware version is 1.0.9-19110817. I would appreciate if you can advise me a possible DIY solution to this issue soon.

Last edited:
Finally new update downloading via cc

ycsYsJM.jpg
Dear Nilu,

I'm unable to update the software of the set top box since 7th December 2019 until date. This actually happened after I had upgraded to 2680 application version on that day. The upgrade to 2680 was successfully done but when I click on check app updates I'm always getting an error message on screen - OT - 107 : Unable to reach server Please try later. I even tried reset option twice. I called customer service more than 10 times, they are saying technician should visit my home, currently I'm outstation.
I would really appreciate if you or someone from the forum can help to provide a resolution on this issue.
6ejNl6r.jpg

Last edited:
Dear Nilu,

I'm unable to update the software of the set top box since 7th December 2019 until date. This actually happened after I had upgraded to 2680 application version on that day. The upgrade to 2680 was successfully done but when I click on check app updates I'm always getting an error message on screen - OT - 107 : Unable to reach server Please try later. I even tried reset option twice. I called customer service more than 10 times, they are saying technician should visit my home, currently I'm outstation.
I would really appreciate if you or someone from the forum can help to provide a resolution on this issue.

Please try these...I'm not sure if this will help or not but you can try none-the-less...I do these sometimes when I face any problem & they get fixed but if you have a hardware issue, this might not help but trying won't hurt... :)

1) Do a Full Factory Reset 2-3 times repeatedly without changing anything after 1 reset...

2) Unplug the power cable, HDMI Cable & the DTH cable & clean if there is any dust & re-seat them tightly again...Make sure the DTH cable is not loose...

3) Do a full Factory Reset again...

After it gets booted up, check for the updates in both the places...You can search for updated in two places & sometimes the update doesn't show up in one & does in the other so check both the places of the OS...

1) Settings [Top extreme Right] --> Android Settings --> Device Preferences --> About --> System Update...

2) Settings [Top extreme Right] --> System Diagnostics --> Software Info --> Check App Updates...

If these don't work, I'm afraid you have a faulty box & will have to be fixed/replaced by the technician...

You have a cool Samsung Curved TV by the way... :love:

Finally new update downloading via cc

I got the 2773 few days ago...

And what do you actually mean by "via CC" ?? :unsure: If this CC stands for Customer Care, why do you need to contact customer care to get the update ?? :unsure:

Yc6AhBY.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock