Seeking Help Performance issues in Binge+ STB due to Super LNB

Digital Mastermind

Tata Play Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
Update: Had to cancel the order as the installation engineer was continuously delaying the installation.

Request to Mods: Please close this thread.
Ohh

But any specific issue that u wanted to switch to ADTV from TS ?

Nothing much. I am facing performance issues in my binge plus stb for some time now , after the Tata Play update happened. The engineers visited twice and the issues were resolved temporarily but they returned soon after.
They told me that my super lnb is the issue, which is not letting the backend updates to take place. They were kinda trying to sell me a universal LNB by taking away the super LNB I had. So the issue was not resolved.
Which was annoying for my parents. So thought of giving airtel a try as dish and d2h has no provision of providing their smart boxes in my location.

Last edited:
Nothing much. I am facing performance issues in my binge plus stb for some time now , after the Tata Play update happened. The engineers visited twice and the issues were resolved temporarily but they returned soon after.
They told me that my super lnb is the issue, which is not letting the backend updates to take place. They were kinda trying to sell me a universal LNB by taking away the super LNB I had. So the issue was not resolved.
Which was annoying for my parents. So thought of giving airtel a try as dish and d2h has no provision of providing their smart boxes in my location.
I would recommend you to ask the TS engineers give you the new Inverto SatCR LNB. It is equivalent or superior compared to Super LNB. Your issue will be resolved by that.

I would recommend you to ask the TS engineers give you the new Inverto SatCR LNB. It is equivalent or superior compared to Super LNB. Your issue will be resolved by that.
Ok will ask that. He was kind of 'recommending' me to return the existing one over a normal universal one. That's why I denied.

Ok will ask that. He was kind of 'recommending' me to return the existing one over a normal universal one. That's why I denied.
If ur facing issues in binge u can return to normal HD stb and take some additional device for OTT apps

That is the usual process bro. You need to return your existing LNB to get the new LNB + some additional charges will be levied if the LNB is out of warranty.

If ur facing issues in binge u can return to normal HD stb and take some additional device for OTT apps
He is talking about the LNB, not about the box bro.

Binge+ box might be giving him issues due to LNB and not due to STB.

Normal one can be got for Rs.150, without returning super LNB

That is the usual process bro. You need to return your existing LNB to get the new LNB + some additional charges will be levied if the LNB is out of warranty.

He is talking about the LNB, not about the box bro.

Binge+ box might be giving him issues due to LNB and not due to STB.
But for that I paid 800 rupees. Still they are saying I need to pay for new universal LNB.

But for that I paid 800 rupees. Still they are saying I need to pay for new universal LNB.
The thing is customer care people don't really understand all these different type of LNBs. They go by the product charges listed on their backend and just share it with the customer.

For your situation, I recommend you to visit your nearest Tata Play distributor office. There you can get the ASM (area service manager) number. Try contacting them and explain this issue. They will understand these things and might replace your existing Inverto Super LNB with the new Inverto SatCR LNB. This LNB's printed MRP is about 1800 INR. So you would get the same quality product.

The thing is customer care people don't really understand all these different type of LNBs. They go by the product charges listed on their backend and just share it with the customer.

For your situation, I recommend you to visit your nearest Tata Play distributor office. There you can get the ASM (area service manager) number. Try contacting them and explain this issue. They will understand these things and might replace your existing Inverto Super LNB with the new Inverto SatCR LNB. This LNB's printed MRP is about 1800 INR. So you would get the same quality product.
Exactly. They weren't aware of this it seems.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock