(Pics) My New Videocon D2H - 4K Ultra HD (Review)

RE: (Pics) My New Videocon D2H - 4K Ultra HD Connection

New thread created to post the pictures of Star Sports 4K from Videocon D2H.

{Pics} Star Sports 4K in Videocon D2H

All previous pictures are moved here already.

RE: (Pics) My New Videocon D2H - 4K Ultra HD Connection

My Review:

Installation:

I Had Booked On 25th Jan 2015 And The Installation Done On 10th Feb 2015 - Can't Get The Exact Reason For Delay In Installation But While Ordering They Have Mentioned That Installation Time Is 14 Days So I Forced To Keep Quit.

My Marks 5/10.

Set Top Box & Remote:

Technicolor Brand, Imported From Vietnam Light Weight, Plastic Coverage Not Getting Very Heat And Not Getting Heat Very Quickly Unlike Videocon D2H HD Boxes,
Ethernet Port, SPDIF Out For DDD Audio 5.1, 2 USB Ports - Looks Very Good, Attractive But Only Thing Is Can't Change Channels If Remote Lossed, Got Repaired.
No RF Remote Because As Per The Engineer Looks They Will Issue New Remote Later On With Recording Buttons And Some Other Functions Too.

My Marks 9/10.

Software:

Top Class From Videocon This Time, Unlike Old oftware & UI, It's Very Speed, Very Attractive, New Options Like App Store, Help Desk Etc,,, There Is Software Update To Enable All These Functions But It Is Yet To Be Done! Can't Give Exact Analyse Till Software Get Updated, Booting Time Looks Good With Videocon D2H Welcome Screen.

USB Recording Yet To Start Rolling From Ultra HD STB With The Software Upgrade Very Soon.

My Marks : 10/10.

Picture & Audio Quality:

Excellent Picture Quality Can Find The Difference Easily From Existing HD Box, Ultra HD Channel Gives Extra Ordinary PQ In 32 LED TV & Audio Quality Looks Good But Hardly Finds The Difference.

My Marks : 10/10.

Packages:

Platinum HD/South Platinum HD Only Can Be Taken, Currently Ultra HD Channel Is Free Till 31st March 2015, Few Ultra HD Channels Expected To Be Added Soon.

My Marks : 8/10.

Customer Service:

Customer Service Is Good (Mail Cc), Voice CC Is Ordinary As Usual But All Others Simply Excellent Nodal & Higher Officials.

My Marks : 8/10.

Conclusion:

After Using For Few Days, I'm Terribly Happy With The Videocon D2H Ultra HD STB Even It's Worth More Than Rs.7000, Videocon Impressed Me Very Much This Time

My Overall Marks: 8.5/10

Nice review Vadi bro.

One query. Now the box is not supporting RF remote. So, in future will it support? Did you managed to get this confirmed from D2H officials visited your home?

I am asking this since the box is now working in Infra Red. How the box will receive RF signals in future? Either the box is having both IR and RF capabilities. If it is only IR, then if future we may need to upgrade the box as we are doing now with HD boxes.

I guess, the box is not supporting RF now since the manufacturer Technicolor is not having any RF supported box for Airtel and Tatasky. I may be wrong though.

Sadiq said:
Nice review Vadi bro.

One query. Now the box is not supporting RF remote. So, in future will it support? Did you managed to get this confirmed from D2H officials visited your home?

I am asking this since the box is now working in Infra Red. How the box will receive RF signals in future? Either the box is having both IR and RF capabilities. If it is only IR, then if future we may need to upgrade the box as we are doing now with HD boxes.

I guess, the box is not supporting RF now since the manufacturer Technicolor is not having any RF supported box for Airtel and Tatasky. I may be wrong though.

The Future Remote Also Going To Be A Non RF Remote As Per Engineer Bro!

But Some Other Features Also Comes With that Remote, Don't Know What It Is?

rhariraj said:
Hi Vadi,

Is it possible to view UHD channel in a 32 inch LED ??

Yup! You Can watch even In LED Monitor If It Having HDMI Input

Regarding the RF remote issue, I had sent a mail to Khera and a person from his technical team had contacted me since I had acquired the said remote just three months back paying 3000/- for both remote and upgrade of set top box.

He assured that there will be upgrades to this box soon so that facility will also be available to 4K users as it is a big disadvantage for me since all football especially mid week is very late at night.

@ ayanc99: which means that the hardware is already capable of processing RF signals and only software to upgraded to utilize the hardware. But the reply from Vadirocks bro is contradicting with yours.

By upgrade I meant change of this STB as this one does not have a reset button which is a must to do the pairing of the remote.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock