(Pics) My New Videocon SDHD 555 Box

Jerome.J said:
This set up works great for me.......do it and give your reply brother......

Guys I have some confusion here. You are saying that U can get 5.1 sound by using 3.5 jack to RCA cable (connecting audio out of tv to two L AND R RCA of HT). So if this is possible by this way then it must also be possible by connection optical out of tv to optical in of HT as setup box do not have optical out by optical cable.

Or are there two different cables like 3.5 jack to two RCA connectors and 3.5 jack to 2 component connectors??

Pls share ur views ..

Very few Tvs produce 5.1 but they can bring 5.1 to HTS.Each time yr HTS has to be turned on and off manually if HT not on there wl be no audio for HD channels on tv! The best wl be HDMI connections where the whole system gets activated with one click.I stand corrected,I doubt RCA can bring 5.1.

Jerome.J said:
@Vadirocks bro:I have a tip for u which is using in one of my tv in living room (Sony 32EX550 with 2222 box and HT [Sony DAV TZ 215 with external RCA R,L stereo inputs only] ) and succeeded in getting dd 5.1 to a great extent than your current set up I used earlier.

*My tv supports Dolby Digital and having a 3.5 mm stereo output jack

*Connect STB to tv via a HDMI cable

*Use a high quality 3.5mm stereo to R,L RCA cable to connect between tv and HT (Me using Belkin cable....350 Rs.)

*Set DD in STB so that Stereo out turns off from STB

*Set any of your favorite Pro logic mode in HT

*Now the 5.1 dd signal arrives at tv and down scaled to stereo and passes to HT.

*Me getting stunning dd 5.1 audio 80% similar to a 5.1 set up in optical in my other room
Bro I dont get u,if u are using HDMI to tv why wld u need RCA? HDMI from box to HTS IN and HDMI out from HTS to Tv,this is my setup.

smileguy123 said:
Bro I dont get u,if u are using HDMI to tv why wld u need RCA? HDMI from box to HTS IN and HDMI out from HTS to Tv,this is my setup.

Brother ,Read my posts clearly,my set up is a backward compatible set up for my d2h connection in my living room........where the HT has only L,R RCA audio i/p only.......

jkwVqDr.jpg

mrC7ubo.jpg

The point to be noted here is that for such a HT if we connect the STB L,R RCA audio o/p directly to this HT we will get inferior audio quality.......

Jerome.J said:
@Vadirocks bro:I have a tip for u which is using in one of my tv in living room (Sony 32EX550 with 2222 box and HT [Sony DAV TZ 215 with external RCA R,L stereo inputs only] ) and succeeded in getting dd 5.1 to a great extent than your current set up I used earlier.

*My tv supports Dolby Digital and having a 3.5 mm stereo output jack

*Connect STB to tv via a HDMI cable

*Use a high quality 3.5mm stereo to R,L RCA cable to connect between tv and HT (Me using Belkin cable....350 Rs.)

*Set DD in STB so that Stereo out turns off from STB

*Set any of your favorite Pro logic mode in HT

*Now the 5.1 dd signal arrives at tv and down scaled to stereo and passes to HT.

*Me getting stunning dd 5.1 audio 80% similar to a 5.1 set up in optical in my other room

smileguy123 said:

I think now you got my point....isn't it?? :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock