(Pics) My New Videocon SDHD 555 Box

Vadirocks said:
If I Select Dolby Digital Audio,
Sound Not Coming In 2.1 Home Theater ( Connected To L & R Ports Only),
Any Idea Guys?

Similar with 2222 STB.....its not a problem at all.

That L,R o/p is only for stereo.

HDMI o/p port :Can output DD 5.1 and Stereo.

At a time the STB decoder IC can select and process only one sound mode dd 5.1 or stereo........As u select one other one automatically deactivated....

U cannot obtain 100% DD 5.1 in L,R RCA o/p.

In DD 5.1 enabled channels the stereo is a down scaled version of 5.1....so it contains wide dynamic range of audio frequencies than normal stereo......So the HT take the advantage of this and try to re create a 5.1 effect from stereo input (L,R RCA) and may succeed up to 50% only max.(This is the theory behind PRO LOGIC modes)

@Vadirocks bro:I have a tip for u which is using in one of my tv in living room (Sony 32EX550 with 2222 box and HT [Sony DAV TZ 215 with external RCA R,L stereo inputs only] ) and succeeded in getting dd 5.1 to a great extent than your current set up I used earlier.

*My tv supports Dolby Digital and having a 3.5 mm stereo output jack

*Connect STB to tv via a HDMI cable

*Use a high quality 3.5mm stereo to R,L RCA cable to connect between tv and HT (Me using Belkin cable....350 Rs.)

*Set DD in STB so that Stereo out turns off from STB

*Set any of your favorite Pro logic mode in HT

*Now the 5.1 dd signal arrives at tv and down scaled to stereo and passes to HT.

*Me getting stunning dd 5.1 audio 80% similar to a 5.1 set up in optical in my other room

Thanks Jerome Bro!

BTW How About SPDIF Co-Axial Output For 5.1?

Vadirocks said:
Thanks Jerome Bro!

BTW How About SPDIF Co-Axial Output For 5.1?

Take it as an option if you are limited/stuck to use it.

*S/PDIF can carry two channels of uncompressed PCM audio or compressed 5.1/7.1 surround sound.

*Compared to SPDIF connections, HDMI has more bandwidth, which supports even the latest lossless audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio which requires the highest bw.

*The hdmi audio data rate exceeds the capabilities of SPDIF so compression is necessary in spdif.

*If possible go for hdmi always, until new connection arrives in future.

Jerome.J said:
Take it as an option if you are limited/stuck to use it.

*S/PDIF can carry two channels of uncompressed PCM audio or compressed 5.1/7.1 surround sound.

*Compared to SPDIF connections, HDMI has more bandwidth, which supports even the latest lossless audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio which requires the highest bw.

*The hdmi audio data rate exceeds the capabilities of SPDIF so compression is necessary in spdif.

*If possible go for hdmi always, until new connection arrives in future.

Well I'll Go With HDMI And Take Audio Out With 3.5mm Jack From TV

I sent an email to customer care to get an exchange for my 2011 box with new 555 box. After some time I got a call from Chennai service center.

He said there is no exchange offer for 2011 to 555. He opted me to get a new connection since my subscription is going to expire on 31-Mar-2014. The price as per the company is Rs.2000. I told him that my friend (Vadirocks bro :) ) got it for Rs.1700. He said, that could be an offer from dealer end. He also suggested me to get it from the dealer and if not possible I need to pay Rs.2000 to get it from Videocon D2H directly.

Vadi bro,

Can I get this box 555 from your dealer? Please let me know the details since my subscription is going to expire on 31-Mar-2014.

Sadiq said:
Vadirocks said:
Yes 5.1 out via RCA cable (6 RCA cable - FR, FL, RL, RR, C, S) Is There Bro!

BTW No Exchange Facility Available With Him,

Thanks bro.. But I am not seeing the connectivity in the images bro.. Could you please clarify and show it from the STB?

Bro, please post the screen shot showing 5.1 via RCA connectivity option for me to confirm it...

sadiq bro, which stb they were offering in exchange?? Is it same 2011 model or any other..or there is no exchange offer at all..

Sandeep23 said:
sadiq bro, which stb they were offering in exchange?? Is it same 2011 model or any other..or there is no exchange offer at all..

No exchange offer for 2011 model..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock