Discussion [POLL]Do you support the new tariff order of TRAI

Do you support the new tariff rule proposed by TRAI in cable and DTH?

• Total voters
I see in several threads people suggesting NCF should be lowered or should be discounted. You need to look at the cost involved by different players in the industry.
Broadcasters are spending money on creating or licensing content, uplink infrastructure and earning money from consumers as well as advertisers. They are getting biggest benefit from new rules as a larger chunk of what customer is paying will come in their pocket in new system. Long term impact could be loss in advertising revenue if people stop watching their channels.
DTH operators invest in the satellite infrastructure and earn their revenue using only the NCF in new model, as against earlier when they used to set prices and get a cut on channels priced higher by giving only partial amount to broadcasters. Less revenue/profit for them will result in them not investing in additional satellite bandwidth and proving less number of channels. On the other hand they might actually start getting some revenue from FTA channel broadcasters when capacity reduces.
MSOs/LCOs are pretty much in same boat as DTH operators, except they spend on the on ground infrastructure.

One of the benefit of earlier/older model was that DTH operators and MSOs were able to negotiate much better deals with broadcasters because of bull volume involved. Now that is not an option.

With the new rules it seems like India is going towards same situation as US where cable has become very costly and people are leaning towards online content because of cost reasons in addition to the content itself.

The only way this plan would have had a glimmer of hope for customers was the 15% discount rule, which also would have helped only with GEC/Movie channels which are kind of optional as you can start watching other programs or movies on only a few channels. Sports would still not have been impacted because rights for events are only with single broadcasters hence no alternative.
What you said may be true. But why should the customer is penalised for their business interest? In mobile sector also operators invest heavily in infrastructure and their overhead expenses are high . Still they are able to extend benefits to their customers by offering per second tariff, ( earlier incoming calls were also chargeable).

US situation is different from India. There are hundreds of channels available terrestrially and people there at have the option to go for terrestrial channels if they feel cable charges are high.

Even voting for No made me angry, as just the subject matter alone is an abomination of democracy and pinnacle of coercion.

Baffled to see 20% voting positively, however, no matter, the number of bhakts having money coming through back door is insane nowadays, and the rest are plain daft loads.

Even voting for No made me angry, as just the subject matter alone is an abomination of democracy and pinnacle of coercion.

Baffled to see 20% voting positively, however, no matter, the number of bhakts having money coming through back door is insane nowadays, and the rest are plain daft loads.
Bro, don't be angry. In this fast running world, we can't pick one by one channels. We all have a lot of works in a day. I spend ₹20/day for channels. For that money not come from back door. If I drink three times tea. I cut one time tea. That's all.(not only me, most people)

Bro, don't be angry. In this fast running world, we can't pick one by one channels. We all have a lot of works in a day. I spend ₹20/day for channels. For that money not come from back door. If I drink three times tea. I cut one time tea. That's all.(not only me, most people)
Most respectfully disagreed. Also I don't know what to say if you cut one tea and at the same time you spend 20 rupees per day for television.

What's been happening in this country since 2014 especially is worth being angry upon.

Most respectfully disagreed. Also I don't know what to say if you cut one tea and at the same time you spend 20 rupees per day for television. And besides, this rule was meant exactly for pay for what you watch, but it's one incredibly contradictory norm, making it meaningless on the face of it. I don't think anyone should agree to pay 'extra' for 'less' stuffs.

What's been happening in this country since 2014 especially is worth being angry upon.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock