Discussion [POLL]Do you support the new tariff order of TRAI

Do you support the new tariff rule proposed by TRAI in cable and DTH?

• Total voters
When I purchased my first TV, a portable B&W one way back in 1986, there was only one channel - Doordarshan that was available terrestrially. We used to get limited but quality TV viewing those days, totally free. Besides epics like Ramayan and Mahabharat, there were serials limited to 13 episodes and enjoyable.
Even though there are hundreds of channels available now on different platforms, I feel I miss Doordarshan days a lot.
Those days will never come back.
I'm 90's kid, from a middle class family. I remember everything. Shaktiman, junior g, movie at 4pm on Sundays. Watching Hercules on dd metro. Grown up watching ramayan, mahabharata and Jai shree krishna

I'm 90's kid, from a middle class family. I remember everything. Shaktiman, junior g, movie at 4pm on Sundays. Watching Hercules on dd metro. Grown up watching ramayan, mahabharata and Jai shree krishna
There was a lot of stuff for kids in DD those days like Shaktiman, Jungle Book, He Man, Chacha Choudhury and Spiderman to name a few.

better u may play i
in ground .may build ur physical strength.

There was a lot of stuff for kids in DD those days like Shaktiman, Jungle Book, He Man, Chacha Choudhury and Spiderman to name a few.
It's weird I use to watch most of those shows on Sahara One during 2000s. Also I just found out that the old dude from Love Per Square Foot is Chacha Choudhury.

A True Tragic Incident of Life
My Paternal Uncle and Aunt used to reside in Howrah (West Bengal) since 1992 when there is no Cable Service Provider in that area so DD was only medium for entertainment and my uncle & aunt was very much happy. In around 1996 there came first Cable Analogue Service and they gave 60 odd channels in around 90 bucks at that time. Then when CAS implemented in 2007 in that area the LCO shifted to new MSO namely DIGI CableComm who provided STB @2000/- and my uncle and Aunt was happy to take package of Rs.175/- with almost all Bengali Channels.Time passed away and in 2018 that package price increased to Rs.275/- per month and now also my uncle and Aunt are very happy with the service.
But here came the Twist......
The representative of MSO came to my uncle and Aunt on 2nd January and said that the New Regime of TRAI will be implemented from 26th Jan by that MSO and the existing package will cost Rs.565/-.When asked about the break up of the package slab my uncle and Aunt found that the above said MSO charging Rs.210/- as NCF of 100 FTA Channels and thereof Rs.40/- for every next 15 channels. My uncle and Aunt was shocked to know that extra money will be taken for Maintenance of Cable Line, Salary of the Linesman, processing of Bill etc and so on.
When my uncle and Aunt protested about it then the representative of LCO and MSO came with 2 Hooligans and started torturing mentally to provide that money or hence they also threatened that other alternatives (other Cable or DTH ) will not be allowed in that premises as when my Aunt refused to retain the Cable Line. My Aunt called Me ( as We are also a leading LCO with MSO in Kolkata ) and we both after having a Conversation on 4th-5th-6th with that MSO but they threatened us with Fire Arms in their pocket.We reported the whole situation under Law but my Aunt advised to adjust with those Hooligans.After spending sleepless nights my Aunt decided to surrender the Cable Line and declares that she will not watch TV in her life anymore.I also felt helpless because my MSO have no footprint in that area of Howrah. On 8th Jan onwards my Aunt decided to sale her 32" LG LCD TV and started hunting buyers through News Paper AD and finally Today morning my uncle and Aunt abled to find a genuine buyer and sold their only TV @10000/- and finally get rid of this TV systems as no other alternatives will be allowed. At the age of 85 my uncle and Aunt now have no other alternatives for entertainment other than FM Radio and Caravan as they are not used to with Internet,Smartphone and Apps.
After knowing about DDF from me they asked me to Share this true Life Incident to all DDF members.

As a mainstream LCO & MSO in Kolkata we are also feeling tremendous heat and pressure for this TRAI Rule but that's the other issue.

Now any guesses for the answer(no prize for that) to support TRAI - whether it is "Yes" or "No" my DDF Friends.......?

Last edited:
Now any guesses for the answer(no prize for that) to support TRAI
Dude. What you said might be true. But, just wait for a month or so. Prices will certainly come down to half.
Just consider this. Discovery HD + Animal Planet HD + Jeet HD + Disc Science is priced reasonably at 9. They shoot it all around the world.
While Star/Zee/Sony/Colors are charging exorbitant prices for stupid channels and daily serials set in 1 palace like home.
I am 100% sure that within a month max price for all HD channels will be Rs. 9 or 10, except sports.

A True Tragic Incident of Life
My Paternal Uncle and Aunt used to reside in Howrah (West Bengal) since 1992 when there is no Cable Service Provider in that area so DD was only medium for entertainment and my uncle & aunt was very much happy. In around 1996 there came first Cable Analogue Service and they gave 60 odd channels in around 90 bucks at that time. Then when CAS implemented in 2007 in that area the LCO shifted to new MSO namely DIGI CableComm who provided STB @2000/- and my uncle and Aunt was happy to take package of Rs.175/- with almost all Bengali Channels.Time passed away and in 2018 that package price increased to Rs.275/- per month and now also my uncle and Aunt are very happy with the service.
But here came the Twist......
The representative of MSO came to my uncle and Aunt on 2nd January and said that the New Regime of TRAI will be implemented from 26th Jan by that MSO and the existing package will cost Rs.565/-.When asked about the break up of the package slab my uncle and Aunt found that the above said MSO charging Rs.210/- as NCF of 100 FTA Channels and thereof Rs.40/- for every next 15 channels. My uncle and Aunt was shocked to know that extra money will be taken for Maintenance of Cable Line, Salary of the Linesman, processing of Bill etc and so on.
When my uncle and Aunt protested about it then the representative of LCO and MSO came with 2 Hooligans and started torturing mentally to provide that money or hence they also threatened that other alternatives (other Cable or DTH ) will not be allowed in that premises as when my Aunt refused to retain the Cable Line. My Aunt called Me ( as We are also a leading LCO with MSO in Kolkata ) and we both after having a Conversation on 4th-5th-6th with that MSO but they threatened us with Fire Arms in their pocket.We reported the whole situation under Law but my Aunt advised to adjust with those Hooligans.After spending sleepless nights my Aunt decided to surrender the Cable Line and declares that she will not watch TV in her life anymore.I also felt helpless because my MSO have no footprint in that area of Howrah. On 8th Jan onwards my Aunt decided to sale her 32" LG LCD TV and started hunting buyers through News Paper AD and finally Today morning my uncle and Aunt abled to find a genuine buyer and sold their only TV @10000/- and finally get rid of this TV systems as no other alternatives will be allowed. At the age of 85 my uncle and Aunt now have no other alternatives for entertainment other than FM Radio and Caravan as they are not used to with Internet,Smartphone and Apps.
After knowing about DDF from me they asked me to Share this true Life Incident to all DDF members.

As a mainstream LCO & MSO in Kolkata we are also feeling tremendous heat and pressure for this TRAI Rule but that's the other issue.

Now any guesses for the answer(no prize for that) to support TRAI - whether it is "Yes" or "No" my DDF Friends.......?
better to send mail to TRAI. then only they can understand the real situation.

@asgworldindia its more of a law and order problem rather than TRAI problem.
Taking on TRAI side i think these unprofessional lco would face the wrath after TRAI rule & leave this business altogether.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock