Poor audio in Airtel - pictures added

@ jayanji : 384kbps is poor than dvd audio

Good post by you bro, but this is not poor or bad Audio and secondly stiil mostly Audio 224kbps is used on DVD which is perfect on Stereo means left and right channel.

So i think you are talking about 5.1 CH Audio and I agree with the said bellow by jamescams.

@^ : ya its really pathetic first not all hd channels have 5.1 audio. second which channels have 5.1 they are not good at all only 3 to 4 channels have perfect dolby effect .

Naturally they have done to reduce some space or bandwidth on some TP'S. I agree with you on this point that The subscriber like you who have this high-fi audio system can naturally judge the loss of some bit rates, while normal users can't, So it doesn't make any effect on others.

Its a fact that you take a Rented movie from any Audio/Video library shop and it will not having 5.1 channel Audio un till it is Original or having Dolby digital sound from Real source .Because the Audio carries 5 tracks to produce 5.1 channel on DVD means more space than Video. The DVD have to be formatted in 5.1 track stream ok .I my self put 6 Movies in one DVD with Audio @ 128kbps + Video in XVID format and mostly my friends can't judge that Audio is 128kbps or 224kbps.But in good sound system we can differentiate the difference easily dear.

Hence all problem lies in Space or bandwidth as AUDIO/VIDEO are hungry of space thanks

jenius-jatt said:

Good post by you bro, but this is not poor or bad Audio and secondly stiil mostly Audio 224kbps is used on DVD which is perfect on Stereo means left and right channel.

So i think you are talking about 5.1 CH Audio and I agree with the said bellow by jamescams.

@^ : ya its really pathetic first not all hd channels have 5.1 audio. second which channels have 5.1 they are not good at all only 3 to 4 channels have perfect dolby effect .

Naturally they have done to reduce some space or bandwidth on some TP'S. I agree with you on this point that The subscriber like you who have this high-fi audio system can naturally judge the loss of some bit rates, while normal users can't, So it doesn't make any effect on others.

Its a fact that you take a Rented movie from any Audio/Video library shop and it will not having 5.1 channel Audio un till it is Original or having Dolby digital sound from Real source .Because the Audio carries 5 tracks to produce 5.1 channel on DVD means more space than Video. The DVD have to be formatted in 5.1 track stream ok .I my self put 6 Movies in one DVD with Audio @ 128kbps + Video in XVID format and mostly my friends can't judge that Audio is 128kbps or 224kbps.But in good sound system we can differentiate the difference easily dear.

Hence all problem lies in Space or bandwidth as AUDIO/VIDEO are hungry of space thanks

Dolby Digital :-
Typical broadcast data rate, 5.1-channel audio: 384 or 448 kbps

Dolby Digital Plus in Broadcast Formats
Broadcast applications also benefit from a unique backward-compatibility
feature. By means of an elegant conversion process, Dolby Digital Plus
bitstreams, regardless of their source bit rate, are repackaged into a
standard Dolby Digital format at 640 kbps. The conversion process does
not decode the signal to PCM and reencode it, therefore avoiding the
introduction of compounding coding artifacts. If the source is of sufficient
quality, the repackaged 640 kbps Dolby Digital stream enables better sound
with legacy A/V receivers than standard Dolby Digital broadcast audio,
which is limited to 448 kbps. This benefit is unique to Dolby technology.
Set-top boxes equipped with HDMI 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3 may output Dolby Digital
Plus bitstreams to A/V receivers equipped with Dolby Digital Plus.

Airtel is claiming that they are using Dolby Digital Plus with 7.1 audio
Considering this point I believes 384 kbps is below standard. At least if they are providing Dolby digital @ 448 kbps then it's ok

I already mentioned in my post they provided industry maximum quality & now reduced. This is disappointing.

Sound quality can be noticed all the home theater systems if the quality is reduced by almost half

jenius bro u have videocon d2h so can u plz tell us at what quality is videocon d2h relaying its chs

jayanji said:
jenius-jatt said:

Dolby Digital :-
Typical broadcast data rate, 5.1-channel audio: 384 or 448 kbps

Dolby Digital Plus in Broadcast Formats
Broadcast applications also benefit from a unique backward-compatibility
feature. By means of an elegant conversion process, Dolby Digital Plus
bitstreams, regardless of their source bit rate, are repackaged into a
standard Dolby Digital format at 640 kbps. The conversion process does
not decode the signal to PCM and reencode it, therefore avoiding the
introduction of compounding coding artifacts. If the source is of sufficient
quality, the repackaged 640 kbps Dolby Digital stream enables better sound
with legacy A/V receivers than standard Dolby Digital broadcast audio,
which is limited to 448 kbps. This benefit is unique to Dolby technology.
Set-top boxes equipped with HDMI 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3 may output Dolby Digital
Plus bitstreams to A/V receivers equipped with Dolby Digital Plus.

Airtel is claiming that they are using Dolby Digital Plus with 7.1 audio
Considering this point I believes 384 kbps is below standard. At least if they are providing Dolby digital @ 448 kbps then it's ok

I already mentioned in my post they provided industry maximum quality & now reduced. This is disappointing.

Sound quality can be noticed all the home theater systems if the quality is reduced by almost half

agree with you brother,before airtel enforce the original to high quality now the same or fare.hope it will back soon.

dino29 said:
jenius bro u have videocon d2h so can u plz tell us at what quality is videocon d2h relaying its chs
At the spot my connection is deactivated bro so...can't help you :k

jenius-jatt said:
dino29 said:
At the spot my connective is deactivated bro so...can't help you :k

No issues bro, when u activate the account then do post the video and audio results of videocon d2h. Thanks in advance

I think many friends have d2H connection so they can update the Audio format + present Bit-rates in audio, but the Specially HD subscribers can put the light on it having good audio system like jayanji or good LED-TV can show the info. I had SD connection dino ?

major new HT systems are supporting quality info(bit rate),but it must contain the HDMI in and out port.

Hi Jayanji,
Your screen shots regarding the bitrate of HD channels are bit confusing.
In the SS, the input is HDMI. Since airtel not activated DD over HDMI . So how this could be ?

apravu said:
Hi Jayanji,
Your screen shots regarding the bitrate of HD channels are bit confusing.
In the SS, the input is HDMI. Since airtel not activated DD over HDMI . So how this could be ?
Well said,Airtel hdmi audio is PCM only.
hdmi showing in the SS for video only.
The optical details not showing from receiver setup.
No need of confusion, same can be checked in any good receiver.
If I am connecting component cable, then it will show component 1080i.
In this case no audio available in the component.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock