• Thread starter DTH Fan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 2,759

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a Tata Sky Transfer connection in my home. I'm using Super LNB for it.

Now I want to take a secondary connection and have some doubts. Please reply to following questions:

1. What are the charges for secondary connection? Is it 200 per month?

2. Do we choose separate package for 2nd TV connection or it inherits main package of 1st TV connection?

3. I'm using Annual plan since the beginning. Now if I take connection for 2nd TV, how will I pay for it? Is there any way to automatically deduct its payment from the money present in my account? Can we pay for secondary connection on annual basis? Is there any discount for it?

4. Since I'm using Super LNB which is best for Transfer box, how will the technician connect 2nd box with it? It has only 1 port. I don't want to replace the LNB with normal LNB as Super LNB works good for Transfer box.

I'll highly appreciate any kind of replies. Thanks in advance.

1. If you are going for HD STB its will cost you Rs 1199, plus extra charges for cable if needed

2. Whatever pack is activated on your primary STB, u will get the same on your 2nd connection

3. Monthly price for Multi TV is Rs 250, and annual is Rs 2750 u can pay whichever way u want.

4. They will install a splitter which will have 2 outputs, so one will go to ur Transfer Box and other to ur 2nd STB. They wont change your LNB as now u have 2 STB so super LNB will be needed.

Last edited:
^^ Thanks for your reply. I have a few new doubts, please clarify them:

1. There are many HD STB from Tata Sky, which brand STB is best?

2. Currently I'm using Annual plan which gives 6 or 12 showcase movies free for the whole year. Will I able to utilize that offer on this secondary connection? If I order a showcase movie on secondary connection, will it deduct from the free showcase movie count or will it charge for me?

3. I somewhere read on this forum about a special super LNB which comes with 2 port. What is it called? Can I ask them to install that LNB instead of the splitter?

4. Is there any mechanism to align both payments: Primary and secondary connection? I mean my annual mega plan expires in February. Can I set the secondary connection recharge time on same as well, so that I don't need to recharge twice a year?

Thanks in advance.

1. AFAIK, Technicolor is the latest one. No idea about other brands, i guess Samsung and Huawei, others pls clarify.

2. I have no idea about this bro. Must be if u order on 1st STB automatically ur 2nd STB also gets, i am not sure, again others pls clarify

3. Yes, there are many LNBs in Inverto. But the one TS provides comes with one output. U can ask them, but they will not have Super LNB with two outputs, they may give u other Inverto LNB which again can be chargeable. But there is no need to replace as splitter will do the work. Ask TS technician the best solution.

4. U can pay secondary monthly till FEB, and then pay annual for both together when the due date nears.

Last edited:
^^ Thanks again for your replies.

Other members please also reply to unanswered questions. :)

1. Technicolor stb ....not sure
2. The annual pack gives 10 free showcase movies... and secondary connection is a mirror of primary connection. So, I guess if you unlock one movie it will automatically available on your secondary connection and 9 out of 10 showcases will be remaining
3. no idea
4. TS can automatically align your secondary connection validity with your primary connection ... or call cc they'll do it

OK. I got the 2nd TV connection. Its Technicolor HD STB. They used splitter to install the connection from LNB. STB came with universal remote and HDMI cable.

I got the connection for 1199/- and first month is free as per the offer. From second month, I'll have to pay 250/- for 2nd TV.

Regarding my Showcase movie query, its activated on both connections.

[EDIT]
I tried to manually upgrade the software of new HD STB but the trick of pressing BACK button twice and then pressing 2465 or pressing BACK button 4 times and then pressing 2485 not working on it.

Last edited:
OK. I got the 2nd TV connection. Its Technicolor HD STB. They used splitter to install the connection from LNB. STB came with universal remote and HDMI cable.

I got the connection for 1199/- and first month is free as per the offer. From second month, I'll have to pay 250/- for 2nd TV.

Regarding my Showcase movie query, its activated on both connections.
Congratulations (y)

My advice,no purchase secoundry connection,book new primary connection.hd box with full kit 1900/-add choose monthly plan dhamaka pack199/-.my advice new purchase primary connect.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock