Queries Regarding TV Sets with Built-in DTH Functionality

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys

I have some queries regarding to TV sets which come with built-in DTH services. I'm listing them here and I'll really appreciate if someone replies to them:

1. First of all I want to know how is it technically possible? I mean no STB, no dish antenna and no LNB, then how those TV sets receive signals from satellites?

2. Since there is no dish antenna and LNB, do we get "no signal" problems in those TVs as there are no chance of misalignment of antenna or LNB.

3. Do we get better signals in these TV compared to real DTH connection with antenna and LNB?

4. Most important question! Do these TV sets receive same firmware upgrades from DTH service provider which they release for normal STBs?

5. Do these TV sets provide option for recording via USB drive?

Thanks in advance for replies.

there are no tv's with built in dth capability (as far as I know)
There are only tv with built in stb function as provided by d2h..you need an antenna for this... the function of stb will be performed by tv..

it says you dont need a stb .. says nothing about not having an antenna..

1. no dish antenna and no LNB - :skd:skd:skd who told bro... then from where the signals come... DDB tvs have built in STB only... ODU is required...

2. same as dth

3. yes. because using a STB can result in signal loss/downscaling of signals which is avoided in DDB. so better signal and better quality.

4. yes OTA updates will be made available

5. i am not sure about this.

Thanks guys. It seems I was under wrong impression that these TVs dont require dish antenna.

Since these TV sets come with built-in chip for DTH functionality, that means DTH service will have to release a separate firmware for it. The regular firmware released for normal STBs should not work for it.

Is it correct?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock