Questions Regarding Tata Sky+ Transfer STB

^^ Thats what the term called. "SAT CR LNB". Someone used this term when Transfer+ STB discussion was happening. Is it a special type of LNB? Can I ask them to replace my 2-wire LNB with this one? And what are the advantages of this LNB?

Yes, it is a different LNB from the normal one. The advantage is of course you don't need separate wires for multiple tuners. The transfer box has 3 tuners (only 2 are active though currently). Standard installation is included, so I think you can ask for replacement of LNB - in any case it should not be chargeable.

However, the box works with existing LNB.

^^ But as far as I have read about Transfer STB, it has 3 tuners inside the STB so only one wire needs to be connected unlike previous HD+ STB which had 2 tuners outside the STB and we had to connect 2 wires to the STB.

If thats the case, then why will anyone use that SAT CR LNB? Please clarify.

As per TS, Sat Cr LNB is not required for existing installations. Single wire from old LNB will work.

jdrocks said:
As per TS, Sat Cr LNB is not required for existing installations. Single wire from old LNB will work.

Update: Sat Cr LNB is required with the TS Transfer HD box. They will replace the LNB and also install a new dish if required within the upgrade cost of the Transfer box.

Additional info: the Sat Cr LNB has two outlets. One outlet can support all 3 tuners of the Transfer box. The second outlet can support only single tuner and can therefore only be connected to a single tuner box.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock