Breaking Reliance and Disney merger approved by CCI

• Thread starter Thread starter rajrocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 415
  • Views Views: Views 50,321
check this news
Again, you are not understanding what im saying. He mentioned that JioCinema is fact based on some random articles. While there is some reliability to this, it doesnt surpass the credibility of the RIL official document, which indicates that SIPL will be the new name for the merged company. Therefore, SIPL is more credible than JioCinema. However at same time he is still suggesting that SIPL is not certain.

Again, you are not understanding what im saying. He mentioned that JioCinema is fact based on some random articles. While there is some reliability to this, it doesnt surpass the credibility of the RIL official document, which indicates that SIPL will be the new name for the merged company. Therefore, SIPL is more credible than JioCinema. However at same time he is still suggesting that SIPL is not certain.
SIPL is trade name, but not its app name, we can wait till Nov for official documents, till then we can trust big news magazine stories.

They might take Star name to merged app after some time like Jio Star (highlighted with both brands).
Thats what iam saying, they should at least incorporate Star or Hotstar from the parent network for brand consistency and recognition. The term Cinema should be removed. Hotstar is preferable because it has built goodwill with customers and will clearly signal to both JioCinema and D+HS users that Hotstar has merged into JioCinema.

Yet, you remain adamant that SIPL is the only traded name when, in all Reliance related official documents, it is shown that SIPL will be the name of the merged entity. Therefore, SIPL is a more likely scenario compared to JioCinema.
No no official document mentions the merged company name as SIPL .
here is the exact order approved by CCI

CCI had said it has cleared the "proposed combination involving Reliance Industries Limited, Viacom18 Media Private Limited, Digital18 Media Limited, Star India Private Limited and Star Television Productions Limited, subject to the compliance of voluntary modifications".

im not saying the new merged entity will not be star india. all im saying is its not officially announced.

SIPL is trade name, but not its app name, we can wait till Nov for official documents, till then we can trust big news magazine stories.
Then when did i say its app name?? You are mixing two things. What i said was SIPL is more likely scenerio as RIL has mentioned its name in its document even if its traded name, but what about JioCinema name being retained or DPHS integrating into JioCinema, has RIL given official statement about it?? No.

I know SIPL will be company name not app name.

No no official document mentions the merged company name as SIPL .
here is the exact order approved by CCI

CCI had said it has cleared the "proposed combination involving Reliance Industries Limited, Viacom18 Media Private Limited, Digital18 Media Limited, Star India Private Limited and Star Television Productions Limited, subject to the compliance of voluntary modifications".

im not saying the new merged entity will not be star india. all im saying is its not officially announced.
In earlier merger announcement document they have clearly mentioned SIPL will be utimate company and all others like viacom18 and all will get integrate into it. Even if its traded name, SIPL has more chances of being new merged company name. Even you have also said the same.

I've had arguments with you long ago where you failed to grasp even the tiniest logical reason. I said Hotstar will lose 15-20 million subscribers when they lose IPL rights.

We are in 2024 and Hotstar lost more than 20 million subscribers. So who lacks knowledge here?

Also, the strategy you're talking about won't make sense if you spend 10-20 mins with an Advertising executive.

If JioCinema executive thinks they can attract bottom, mid and top then they're as clueless as you are. JioCinema should at least figure out their local programming like how Prime Video India did in the last 3-5 years.

If the subscription revenue was meaningful, they would've disclosed the number of subscribers the service attracted since launch. I assume they are very minuscule and it will stay that way as long as they don't invest in local programming.

HBO and other international programming won't move the needle much.

As for the advertising revenue that comes through sports, it is the only positive thing to come out of this service. And this works as long as it is not behind a paywall.

You're the one with lack of knowledge and how streaming strategy works.

Please go and read my old posts..... Kindly don't quote me wrong..... Don't want further discussion on this as i don't want to repeat again and again what i have explained earlier on

Back
Top Bottom