Breaking Reliance and Disney merger approved by CCI

• Thread starter Thread starter rajrocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 418
  • Views Views: Views 50,640
He keeps saying that we are in minority but in reality he himself is in minority.
In merger entity, Disney steps down as minority share holder (36.84%) with ICC cricket and linear tv content expecting huge losses to hotstar in future and Viacom18 holds majority stake (46.84%) with IPL/BCCI cricket and Hollywood studios content as digital content have more value than linear tv content.

Last edited:
In merger entity, Disney steps down as minority share holder (36.84%) with ICC cricket and linear tv content expecting huge losses to hotstar in future and Viacom18 holds majority stake (46.84%) with IPL/BCCI cricket and Hollywood studios content as digital content have more value than linear tv content.
Oh dear, why do you always misinterpret our statements?? When the original user said "we in the minority,", they meant the subscribers who are criticizing the JioCinema app & they are nowhere near a minority, considering the kind of backlash that app receives all over the internet. It has nothing to do with who owns what percentage of shares, because thats not relevant to the point the original user was trying to make. So, please read it again carefully.

Oh dear, why do you always misinterpret our statements?? When the original user said "we in the minority,", they meant the subscribers who are criticizing the JioCinema app & they are nowhere near a minority, considering the kind of backlash that app receives all over the internet. It has nothing to do with who owns what percentage of shares, because thats not relevant to the point the original user was trying to make. So, please read it again carefully.
Any way Hotstar is lost its charm with Disney after Murdoch/Uday exit. People will adjust with Ambani style in future, otherwise boycott Jio cinema app and watch airtel xstream play without indian cricket and hotstar content.

Any way Hotstar is lost its charm with Disney after Murdoch/Uday exit. People will adjust with Ambani style in future, otherwise boycott Jio cinema app and watch airtel xstream play without indian cricket and hotstar content.

Your whole arguement of boycott JioCinema app and watch airtel xtreme is just pointless. People are trashing that app because its trashy app with terrible UI & poor user experience. When customer pays you for service, they always have right to criticize them for right reasons, you cant just go on and say boycott our service and go somewhere else. Please make it make sense man.

what ever the name is it would be interesting that if they continue to show it free or will put Sports properties behind paid wall..... i am assuming it would be latter... they might charge series wise as well as it happens in other countries.... they even may charge for new movies which are premiering on their OTT like rent to watch types as there would be monopoly of them...

Your whole arguement of boycott JioCinema app and watch airtel xtreme is just pointless. People are trashing that app because its trashy app with terrible UI & poor user experience. When customer pays you for service, they always have right to criticize them for right reasons, you cant just go on and say boycott our service and go somewhere else. Please make it make sense man.
Our members @OTF are clears that now Jio cinema is betterthan last year, expects more improvement by next year.

Last edited:
Our members @OTF are clears that now Jio cinema is betterthan last year, expects more improvement by next year.
You have already made this point in previous pages where i mentioned that JioCinema is not showing much improvement, focusing more on quantity over quality rather than improving the platform. I also said that if they manage to improve quality of new merged app, that would be a good move. In that sense, I already accepted your earlier point, so there is no need to bring it up again in a different context.

Look, i have no personal beef with you, and i really appreciate that you are taking the time to respond to me. However, please stick to the points we are actually discussing. You often misunderstand our statements and take the subject in a completely different direction, which makes your responses repetitive and irrelevant to the current argument. In no way im saying you shouldnt reply, but please avoid steering the conversation away from the main subject we are discussing.

If users are unhappy with the service, they have the right to criticize it & let them be. What happens next year is a separate issue. If they improve, thats great. Personally, i want a complete rebranding of the app with a new name, a better layout and a smoother UI.

You have already made this point in previous pages where i mentioned that JioCinema is not showing much improvement, focusing more on quantity over quality rather than improving the platform. I also said that if they manage to improve quality of new merged app, that would be a good move. In that sense, I already accepted your earlier point, so there is no need to bring it up again in a different context.

Look, i have no personal beef with you, and i really appreciate that you are taking the time to respond to me. However, please stick to the points we are actually discussing. You often misunderstand our statements and take the subject in a completely different direction, which makes your responses repetitive and irrelevant to the current argument. In no way im saying you shouldnt reply, but please avoid steering the conversation away from the main subject we are discussing.

If users are unhappy with the service, they have the right to criticize it & let them be. What happens next year is a separate issue. If they improve, thats great. Personally, i want a complete rebranding of the app with a new name, a better layout and a smoother UI.
Hope Ambani will hear our views and change the name of Jio cinema to Jio Star in the new year with new avatar.

Last edited:
what ever the name is it would be interesting that if they continue to show it free or will put Sports properties behind paid wall..... i am assuming it would be latter... they might charge series wise as well as it happens in other countries.... they even may charge for new movies which are premiering on their OTT like rent to watch types as there would be monopoly of them...
I dont think sports will be free anymore after add rate freeze

Back
Top Bottom