Breaking Reliance and Disney merger approved by CCI

• Thread starter Thread starter rajrocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 415
  • Views Views: Views 50,306
My thoughts -
Disney+ Hotstar -To be refined with adding more contents from Viacom 18 side and continue as paid + free with ad driven contents. Major offerings
1. International Contents from Disney+, Hulu, Paramount+, Peacock, HBO and other studios with them.
2. Hotstar specials - Merging Viacom 18/Voot/Jio cinema originals to Hotstar specials by cancelling some upcoming projects of both teams
3. Movie premieres
4. Latest TV episodes
5. Sports
6. Movies except latest ones, TV shows after one day for free.
7. Kids shows from Disney & Paramount
Jio Cinema to step back as Jio sim exclusive streaming platform which offers
1.All free contents of Hotstar ie TV shows from Viacom 18 & Star after one day of telecast,All Movies they own except latest.
2. Selected live sports like ISL, Selected matches of IPL, etc.
3.Contents from partnership deals
4. Old TV shows of Star & Viacom 18 - While Hotstar will remove many old contents & keep a few, Jio Cinema will bear the complete library.
5. A few kids show from Hotstar.
6. Some movie premieres.
Now I think Ambani will let Disney+ Hotstar to keep its name for a few more years.
Hotstar subscription rate may remain same.
Ambani told in latest AGM that affordability price for digital platform with Disney partnership, so we can expect D+HS super plan with 4K@899.

As of now, no English language channel of Star or Disney is available at Jio TV, and never was. Will it change after merged company start functioning.
Also, which English language Star/Disney channel is going to shut down?

Proposed Board members of new company

Nita ambani ( RIL)
Akash ambani (RIL)
Jyothi deshpande (RIL)
Shuva mandal (RIL)
Adil zainulbhai (Network18)
Mohamad ahemed Al - hardan ( RIL)
Udayshankar (BTS)
K madhavan (Disney)
Atul agrawal (Disney)
NA (Disney)
Will they change regional heads, channel heads of disney star? because they already performing very well

Proposed Board members of new company

Nita ambani ( RIL)
Akash ambani (RIL)
Jyothi deshpande (RIL)
Shuva mandal (RIL)
Adil zainulbhai (Network18)
Mohamad ahemed Al - hardan ( RIL)
Udayshankar (BTS)
K madhavan (Disney)
Atul agrawal (Disney)
NA (Disney)
So Nita will be the chairwoman and Uday Shankar the vice chairman, right?? This is just my assumption but i think Uday (Even if he is vice charman) will primarily lead the company because i dont think Nita Ambani has much experience or knowledge in running a broadcasting company. Therefore Uday will likely be the main decision maker, with K. Madhavan working under him. Most likely this duo will function as they did at Star and the company will operate similarly to how it was previously managed under Uday and K. Madhavan's leadership.

Last edited:
So Nita will be the chairwoman and Uday Shankar the vice chairman, right?? This is just my assumption but i think Uday (Even if he is vice charman) will primarily lead the company because i dont think Nita Ambani has much experience or knowledge in running a broadcasting company. Therefore Uday will likely be the main decision maker, with K. Madhavan working under him. Most likely this duo will function as they did at Star and the company will operate similarly to how it was previously managed under Uday and K. Madhavan's leadership.

This is how organization will look.

Board of Directors
(Dotted Line) Mukesh ambani (RIL)
(Dotted Line) Bob iger (Disney)
|
Nita Ambani (Chairperson)
|
Uday Shankar (Vice Chairperson)
|
1. CEO of Broadcast Entertainment
2. CEO of Digital Ventures
3. CEO of Film and Tv studio