Good News Replaced my Flextronics HD Box with Cal Comp HD Smart Box

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 97
  • Views: Views 19,279
I found the "Play from USB" option interesting. I connected my Sony 1 TB hard drive to the STB to try and play movies, however it wasn't recognized. Not sure if we need to format with some other file system type.
Bro, hard drive requires more power. If it wasn't recognized then it might be possible that it is not getting enough power to run. I don't think file system type is an issue. Stb will ask you to format the drive if the file system is not supported.
Pendrive will work fine.

Bro, hard drive requires more power. If it wasn't recognized then it might be possible that it is not getting enough power to run. I don't think file system type is an issue. Stb will ask you to format the drive if the file system is not supported.
Pendrive will work fine.
It was recognized bro, and it asked me to format if I want to record content on it. As I just wanted to play the content from the hard drive, I selected "No". But when I try "Play from USB" it doesn't work.

After spending some more time with this STB on HD channels, I see that the PQ is sharper on this STB. Earlier, I think it was due to the content I couldn't find the difference between this and Flextronics. I watched newer content (24 Movie on Maa Movies HD) and also US open, the PQ is absolutely brilliant. SD channels PQ is equivalent to Flextronics. Editing the posts accordingly.
Are you getting better Picture Quality in HD/SD channels then Technicolor box (manufactured by Cal-Comp Electronics Thailand)? I am not satisfied with the picture quality of HD/SD channels in that box.

Are you getting better Picture Quality in HD/SD channels then Technicolor box (manufactured by Cal-Comp Electronics Thailand)? I am not satisfied with the picture quality of HD/SD channels in that box.
I haven't used Technicolor HD box, so can't comment on it.

Both are same don't get confused technicolor hevc hd stb quality is also best in hd channels ;)

is anyone know about this box model
stb_Large_2.png

Both are same don't get confused technicolor hevc hd stb quality is also best in hd channels ;)
They are two different boxes. I don't think we can say that they are having same PQ unless you compare on same TV.

Yes Better Than Technicolor HEVC HD!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock