Reviving an old STB

Tony Stark

Reaction score
So as it goes, bought an Airtel connection centuries ago only to relegate it to the store room due to bad customer service. Now after 3 years when I thought of plugging it back in, it seems that it won't detect the SES7 transponder and can receive no signals. The release number it's running on is 221 and the local technician aligned it as per the guidelines.

Any help regarding update of the STB? Will I need to get the STB replaced with a new one?

divakar_mba said:
call customer care,they will update software through usb

Isn't there a 'Do it Yourself' workaround for this? The customer care experience has been bittersweet and often delayed. Infact, that's why I buried the STB in my closet at the first place.

kishor121 said:
try to update manually

I tried using the 2345 method but it seems that old STBs had a different mechanism. I can't see SES7 transponder in the drop down list too.

The make of the Settop Box is Thomson.

Tony Stark said:
I tried using the 2345 method but it seems that old STBs had a different mechanism. I can't see SES7 transponder in the drop down list too.

then now only one thing remains call cc and ask them to update by technician

Tony Stark said:

Check u r inbox for PM....:)

Try doing a factory reset of ur box.

On the front panel of ur STB, press Right key, Bottom Key, back key and OK key simultaneously for few seconds... until u see a msg on the screen.
"Clearing NVRAM"

Then , see what shows up on the screen.

But one more thing, U said u are using the box after 3 years. Is your dish tuned to SES7 or its in its old position of Insat 4A @74 east. ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock