Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

why star gold select is not premiering more movies now???
Aiyaary is the latest big film on SGS. There is nothing since then except Bioscopewala and Love Sonia, as I have said a number of times. Stree and Badhaai Ho have not been shown on SGS.

On the other hand, in 2017, SGS premiered every single film (even low-grade ones like A Gentleman) along with Star Gold.
Its going to Rebrand soon .
What makes you think so? Rather, Star Gold should rebrand now. On Tuesday, it will be 8 years since the last rebrand.

Aiyaary is the latest big film on SGS. There is nothing since then except Bioscopewala and Love Sonia, as I have said a number of times. Stree and Badhaai Ho have not been shown on SGS.

On the other hand, in 2017, SGS premiered every single film (even low-grade ones like A Gentleman) along with Star Gold.

What makes you think so? Rather, Star Gold should rebrand now. On Tuesday, it will be 8 years since the last rebrand.
SGS shud premier Newton,omerta...there r so many content driven movies which r so perfect for star gold select...star shud do something

SGS shud premier Newton,omerta...there r so many content driven movies which r so perfect for star gold select...star shud do something
&xplor HD is a better candidate to premiere Newton, Omerta, October, etc. as many Rajkummar Rao and Varun Dhawan movies (most recently Judgementall Hai Kya) are with Zee/&xplor HD. On the other hand Star has largely lost interest in SGS.

Well it is most likely confirmed that YRF movies will be moving to Star India. Another thing pointing towards this is content on Bindass.

We know Bindass is performing badly in music genre, usually when this happens concerned channel either stops contract with few music labels or cuts down on acquisition of songs. Usually T-Series is the first one with which channels cut off agreement in such cases bcoz its content is more costly.

Right now Bindass is airing fewer T-Series songs while most of the other songs r from other labels or from movies whose rights reside with Star/Disney. For the last part no payment needs to be made and even Zee telecasts many such songs (even whose music rights r with T-Series and Zee is not having agreement with them) to enlarge song library.

Most prominent change is influx of YRF songs on Bindass which was not the case earlier, this by all means giving boost to news of YRF-Star pact

Also all movies will not move once, it will be gradual transition based on what contract Sony has with YRF. There r multiple options which can come into play.

I am sensing that Star Gold 2 will be rolled out with a mega premiere and YRF library induction. Also Star Gold Select might shut down paving way for UTV Action HD and Star Gold 2 HD. UTV HD will air offbeat bollywood or indian cinema

I am sensing that Star Gold 2 will be rolled out with a mega premiere and YRF library induction.
I doubt it. Rather, Star Gold must change its existing graphics package. I give them a deadline of October 2020 to do so. If they don't do so even in one year's time, the graphics will officially get the DATED stamp like Star Movies.
Also Star Gold Select might shut down paving way for UTV Action HD and Star Gold 2 HD. UTV HD will air offbeat bollywood or indian cinema
Even if SGS shuts down there is no way in hell UTV Action HD will launch. Star Gold 2 (SD/HD) is not required unless it is a replacement (renaming) of Movies OK. I think SGS may choose to shut down its SD version and keep only HD.
Also all movies will not move once, it will be gradual transition based on what contract Sony has with YRF. There r multiple options which can come into play.
Sony will definitely keep the Dhoom series and the Salman movies (ETT, Sultan, TZH). Small movies like Qaidi Band and Pyaar Impossible may move to Star (not mid-budget ones like Mere Brother Ki Dulhan).

Last edited:
w
I doubt it. Rather, Star Gold must change its existing graphics package. I give them a deadline of October 2020 to do so. If they don't do so even in one year's time, the graphics will officially get the DATED stamp like Star Movies.

Even if SGS shuts down there is no way in hell UTV Action HD will launch. Star Gold 2 (SD/HD) is not required unless it is a replacement (renaming) of Movies OK. I think SGS may choose to shut down its SD version and keep only HD.

Sony will definitely keep the Dhoom series and the Salman movies (ETT, Sultan, TZH). Small movies like Qaidi Band and Pyaar Impossible may move to Star (not mid-budget ones like Mere Brother Ki Dulhan).
why would star go for qaidi bandh or pyar impossible...??who will watch them?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock