Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

I don't think farewell process. Some films which have been renewed specifically by SPN will stay

If DDLJ has exited then i see even newer popular ones too shifting soon. Sony might b willing to renew but will it b able to match offer out forward by star/disney is the real question. YRF also would b happy with shift as visibility of films increaes

If this is not a big thing then what is buddy? Sony did not manage most of YRF library well and i was sensing this shift since long but u and others kept saying that i was being biased. Truth is star/disney will give adequate airing to every YRF film and now i hope sony give more space to bollywood films else they will b left behind
Mismanagement happened only since last 2 years. The thought of exiting YRF itself made the Mismanagement obvious.

I already said it's just 500cr deal if star buy old movies so they can't buy YRF new movies so 3 to 4 old movies only star can buy and ddlj dhoom3 and gunday they already buy these movies now 1 or 2 may be 3 movies are left
May be these 3 movies Mohabbatein,DTPH,DARR and dhoom and then YRF forthcoming movies,YRF have 80 plus movies star can't buy 80 movies in just 500cr deal ,star selected nice movies like ddlj , Mohabbatein dhoom3,may star will telecast YRF movies in July only
Then let's see what will happen in next some weeks

500 cr deal was for new movies...they must have signed new deal for older films. We may see press release soon about this. All i can say is many films will shift

It had been happening since ages not since last 2 yrs. Most YRF films were restricted to watershed hrs or hardly aired. Max HD becoming SD feed simulcast only aggravated the issue
Buddy stop this please yrf moves to Disney-Star ur wish came true hope ur next wish also comes true vvc films also moves to Disney-Star but please stop defaming sony and any other network every 1 is concerned here about their favorite networks sony lost yrf it doesn't mean it will loose everything today yrf moves to Disney-Star but believe me that's also not permanent after some days months or year yrf will move to other network or it may move back to its home spn.

I have noticed a very interesting trend for Yash Raj movies in the decade 1996–2005 that also involves Pixar Animation Studios. In those years where YRF released a movie, Pixar did not, and vice-versa, so they were mostly mutually exclusive. Only in 2004 did both studios release at least one movie, and in 1996, neither released anything.

Since 2006 both studios have released at least one movie every year, except 2014, where at one extreme Pixar didn’t release a single movie, but at the other extreme, YRF released a record seven movies!* This includes Aaha Kalyanam, the Tamil remake of Band Baaja Baaraat, and so far YRF’s only South movie.

Posting here since it will gain much more traction here than in the general Movies forum. 1995 and 2006 shown for comparison.

*Gunday, Bewakoofiyan, Aaha Kalyanam, Daawat-e-Ishq, Titli, Mardaani 1, K*ll/Dil. 2014 was perhaps the last year where Bollywood and especially YRF movies were given high prominence by Sony, especially Sony TV since it was the channel doing most of the premieres (Sony Max wasn’t in HD).

YearYRFPixar
1995Dilwale Dulhania Le JayengeToy Story 1
1996--
1997Dil Toh Pagal Hai-
1998-A Bug’s Life
1999-Toy Story 2
2000Mohabbatein-
2001-Monsters, Inc.
2002Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai
Mujhse Dosti Karoge!
Saathiya
-
2003-Finding Nemo
2004Veer-Zaara
Hum Tum
Dhoom 1
The Incredibles
2005Salaam Namaste
Bunty Aur Babli
Neal N’ Nikki
-
2006Kabul Express
Dhoom 2
Fanaa
Cars 1

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock