Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,053
  • Views Views: Views 4,353,817
Daraar's Promo On Zee Bollywood. PQ Looks Worse Than B4U Movies
Source

Though Zee Bollywood has average picture quality but since u mentioned B4U having better picture quality..i must say that there r few FTA hindi movie chs and few were there earlier too which have/had better picture quality than even star or sony...also audio quality was top notch

Sholay gives very high ratings whenever aired on Star/disney hindi movie chs particularly Star Utsav Movies...i think it will b renewed. Most of other sippy films which sony got can b thru library company agreement but major films might stay with disney/star....Bluffmaster, Taxi No. 9211 been with star/disney since beginning
Even Zee which did a wonderful job didn't renew Sholay so that's the least I'm expecting from Disney-Star. Sony needs some strong films after YRF exit and they always balance equations while renewing films. So I'm expecting films which more or less fill in the void left by YRF. They're creating it with Sippy Films, Suresh Productions and Pooja Entertainment which have a significant library but not equal to a big fish like YRF. So they have to shell some money and buy some YRF or tie up with a production house which has a vast library to stay in the game.

Last edited:
If the channel PQ and AQ is bad does it mean the movie should not move to the channel I don't understand why for PQ and AQ is given importance here if any movie renewed by zee or viacom18 we will say those channels PQ AQ is bad the movie should have been moved to star or spn if a movie moves to Disney-star or spn every 1 will be happy. Doesn't matter what PQ or AQ is the point who are acquiring or renewe the movie is does the movie getting proper airings. Zee and viacom18 are handling perfectly to their libraries every network has some minus points and some plus points....bandook kiske hath me pehle ayi ye important nahi hai trigger pehle kisne dabaya ye important hai.

This is individual preference...for instance i m fine if a channel has average Picture / Audio quality but surely if these r poor then whole experience is ruined. Some people like watching content in very good picture or audio and hence share views like one u mentioned. Nothing wrong about this, they r not against film shifting there but telling that rival would offer better experience. Hope u understood now buddy :)

Has anyone observed below

1. Zing channel of zee network these days is playing few of niche movies from &xplorHD library daily at 7pm. Right now DCH is airing.

2. Zee cinema HD’s tomorrow schedule is in exact sync with Zee Cinema SD. I fear that there is going to be blast of dubbed movies on HD now. Hope so this will be just one day scenario and not a permanent move.

Zing is a youth channel and airs niche movies...earlier they aired 2 films in a day and these included niche and less aired mainstream films...a welcome move by them
Zee Cinema HD is not simulcasting SD content, some EPG websites showing wrong schedule...do not go by it

Agree bro zee viacom18 has bad pq and aq but their focus is on acquiring or renewing bollywood films Compared to all networks only SPN has better PQ and AQ but most of the contents is shifting to other networks specially viacom18 they have renewed almost half of the library zee Has managed well for bollywood contents.

Except Zee Bollywood, Zee Action... All other chs of Zee have good picture and audio. Also Viacom18 hindi movie chs always had gr8 audio and video quality

Now i am understanding the reason why UTV HD is not airing popular dubbed hollywood films....star /disney seems to acquiring just SD TV rights for these films and these r not aired even on Star Gold HD when SD feed airs these films. I think HD rights might b very costly and still mass audience does not have HD boxes or chs thus not a financially sound option for broadcasters... The premium audience which has HD access likes watching original english version

Back
Top Bottom