Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Hungama 2 satellite rights confirmed with star
AKMPOg9.jpg

Very faltu picture. I don't know how Star will manage to gei it's ratings .

Watched "Guest In London" today on Star Gold Select and to my surprise it is a very good film....Paresh Rawal Sir has single handedly driven the film with fabulous performance and others too did a well job. This film should b promoted well and aired on main chs

If Coolie No. 1 can get 1 cr+ TRP on Zee Cinema then Hungama 2 can definitely get 2 cr+ TRP on Star Gold easily just like crap comedy sequels Total Dhamaal & Housefull 4

Hungama 2 will easily enter the category of bad movies getting good TRP for Star Gold just like Laxmii, Housefull 4 & Total Dhamaal

If Coolie No. 1 can get 1 cr+ TRP on Zee Cinema then Hungama 2 can definitely get 2 cr+ TRP on Star Gold easily just like crap comedy sequels Total Dhamaal & Housefull 4

Hungama 2 will easily enter the category of bad movies getting good TRP for Star Gold just like Laxmii, Housefull 4 & Total Dhamaal

Housefull 4 is an okay film, better than 3rd part but not as good as first 2 parts. Total Dhamaal also quite average film, better than 2nd part but falls behind first part.
Have not watched Laxmiii

Hungama 2 may not b that bad but surely will not match the original

Speaking of Houseful, zee is not managing it well

Hungama 2 satellite rights confirmed with star
AKMPOg9.jpg

Not surprising because of Disney+ Hotstar. Digital rights with Disney+ Hotstar means satellite rights must be with Star Gold.

BTW I noticed for movies coproduced between Jio Studios and Maddock Studios that:
  • Satellite rights always with Star Gold.
  • Digital rights may be with either Netflix and JioCinema (for Mimi, Luka Chuppi, Love Aaj Kal, Roohi???) or Disney+ Hotstar (Bala).
I wanted to know how is the digital partner for those films decided? Does JioCinema have a second output deal (primary being Netflix) for only Jio-Maddock movies, or any others as well? Also, can someone confirm whether Roohi is only on Netflix, or JioCinema as well?

Last edited:
Not surprising because of Disney+ Hotstar. Digital rights with Disney+ Hotstar means satellite rights must be with Star Gold.

BTW I noticed for movies coproduced between Jio Studios and Maddock Studios that:
  • Satellite rights always with Star Gold.
  • Digital rights may be with either Netflix and JioCinema (for Mimi, Luka Chuppi, Love Aaj Kal) or Disney+ Hotstar (Bala).
I wanted to know how is the digital partner for those films decided? Does JioCinema have a second output deal (primary being Netflix) for only Jio-Maddock movies, or any others as well?
I think it is like the deal which Sun TV has with Netflix. Shared with both parties

Housefull 4 is an okay film, better than 3rd part but not as good as first 2 parts. Total Dhamaal also quite average film, better than 2nd part but falls behind first part.
Have not watched Laxmiii

Hungama 2 may not b that bad but surely will not match the original

Speaking of Houseful, zee is not managing it well
I found the 3rd one quite good. The odd ones are good, The even ones are unbearable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock