Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Airing renewal films in watershed hours is not a good thing looks like just for a sake Disney-Star is airing yrf movies. In this strategy zee is far better then other broadcasters.
But when "Kites" was renewed by Zee, it's airing was around 11:17PM and not on prime time, no promotion either and then it directly it aired after some days on &PicturesHD as well on &XplorHD (on a same day)

Detective Byomkesh Bakshi renewed by star/disney, airing tonight during watershed hours on Star Gold
7j27Qcy.jpg

When YRF onboarding was new to Disney-Star, they did air most of the movies in prime time including niche movies.

However, as of today the scenario is changed and YRF movies are now restricted to odd hrs. Similar to what Sony was doing. Also, majority of movies are not being aired at all - Hum Tum(though aired recently after long gap in odd hrs), Saathiya, New York, DTPH etc. From the recently renewed movies lot, only Mardaani & RNBND are getting noon/watchable slots.

Classic/popular movies having repeat value like DDLJ, Dhoom 3, War, Mardaani 2 etc are getting prime time airing. Rest are being ignored & I hope the reason is not that these movies are being rested for SG Romance channel launch as it has not seen light for nearly 1.5 year now since the announcement

Wah has many bollywood premieres lines up.....like Wah par pehli baar of "Koyelaanchal (2014)", "KLPD Kismet Love Paisa Dilli (2012)" [KLPD WTP happened on &Pictures in 2021] and many others and even WTP of "Ab Tak Chhappan 2 (2015)"

I guess ABT2 WTP would have already happened on Zee Cinema back in 2015.....

Maybe even WTP of "October (2018)" might too happen on Sony Wah

I think they are making Sony Wah Useful & Special than Sony Max

Last edited:
When YRF onboarding was new to Disney-Star, they did air most of the movies in prime time including niche movies.

However, as of today the scenario is changed and YRF movies are now restricted to odd hrs. Similar to what Sony was doing. Also, majority of movies are not being aired at all - Hum Tum(though aired recently after long gap in odd hrs), Saathiya, New York, DTPH etc. From the recently renewed movies lot, only Mardaani & RNBND are getting noon/watchable slots.

Classic/popular movies having repeat value like DDLJ, Dhoom 3, War, Mardaani 2 etc are getting prime time airing. Rest are being ignored & I hope the reason is not that these movies are being rested for SG Romance channel launch as it has not seen light for nearly 1.5 year now since the announcement
Instead of resting, they should air these movies on Star gold select

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock