DDF Exclusive DTH of the Month - August 2023 | Tata Play

The BEST DTH of the Month for August 2023 is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. This is an important thread to gauge the performance of DTH operators during the month. As Siva sir said, DTH companies follow this thread closely since we are the No. 1 DTH forum in the country.
Okay, so did Tata Play recieved positive feedbacks on rebranding and increasing minimum recharge from ₹50 to ₹100.
2. It is wrong to tag so many people at once, that too forum staff.
I am just asking for team members and website teams opinion. I am not unnecessarily tagging random users.
3. This is a long-standing tradition that has been an important part of our forum for years. It is a way to acknowledge and recognise good performances for each operator.

In short, there is no way the DTH of the Month poll should be discontinued just because people are not always voting for the deserving performer, and voting for who they like.
Long standing tradition that can easily be misused by operators themselves to portray themselves as best. As you highlighted people are not genuinely voting. I see a clear bias towards a particular brand in these polls. So what's the point of having a poll where people are not voting based on performance?

Poll can exist as long as votes are counted of users who gives a genuine reply why they voted for a particular DTH. Otherwise crown Tata Play every month and get over this thread. Why waste the effort of @PowerStar who compiles all the positives and negatives of DTH brands for this brand every month?

Some people has serious bias for Tata Play. If we are voting for cheap packs like Jingalala offer. Than Sun Direct wins with ₹50 NCF by default every month. Voting for someone who increased minimum recharge amount exposes their blind bias.
I think it's time to discontinue voting for DTH of the Month thread. Let's let writer's of the news site do their bit.

What's your opinion on this?

@Bapun @PowerStar @Abhinav @Basil @Siva @mmadhankumar
Jingalala offers play crucial role in Tata Play votes, however, this month no amount of packs on offer can make us forget their decision of increasing minimum recharge amount to 200 and also increasing technician visit cost which was so proudly advertised to be free during rebranding.

In any type of voting there will always be some bias and the definition of 'best' is subjective that varies with every person but we might need to make some additional changes to minimize biased votes. We are open to suggestions and following the thread.

TP worst performance,should be removed from polls for a year, just a suggestion

My experience tells regarding poll is :

1. Tata Play Rs 1 offer creates huge impact along with channels addition and Tata Play providing Rs1 offer on SD & HD Channels which other dth not providing.

2. If we put only channels addition and removal in performance then it's good for choice performance of the month because channels availability always decide which dth is best.

3. If my analysis about this month then on paper (added Some SD channels and Rs 1 offer) work tata play is anytime ahead then D2h and if about only HD channels then d2h.

4. My last analysis is why we are separating Dish TV and d2h different because on paper both are single company just usage satellite matters.

Jingalala offers play crucial role in Tata Play votes, however, this month no amount of packs on offer can make us forget their decision of increasing minimum recharge amount to 200 and also increasing technician visit cost which was so proudly advertised to be free during rebranding.

In any type of voting there will always be some bias and the definition of 'best' is subjective that varies with every person but we might need to make some additional changes to minimize biased votes. We are open to suggestions and following the thread.
Everytime Tata Play win just because of Jingalala offers. I think we can remove it and the likes of other DTH like Airtel super Sunday from DTHOTM thread. Yes it's exclusive to them, but happens every month, just like ₹50 NCF in Sun Direct as @iDJ said. They give it every month like recharge offers, cashbacks etc. Primary voting criteria can be channel addition and deletion. Secondary can be substantial service quality improvements like PQ, AQ, software update, new plans introduction, anything that happened exclusively in the month. i.e. a never before change. This would be apple to apple comparison then.

Last edited:
Everytime Tata Play win just because of Jingalala offers. I think we can remove it and the like it other DTH like Airtel super singer from DTHOTM thread. Yes it's exclusive to them, but happens every month, just like ₹50 NCF in Sun Direct as @iDJ said. They give it every month like recharge offers, cashbacks etc. Primary voting criteria can be channel addition and deletion. Secondary can buy substantial service quality improvements like PQ, AQ, software update, new plans introduction, anything that happened exclusively in the month. i.e. a never before change. This would be apple to apple comparison then.

IMO NCF cannot be a criteria to be put in DTHOTM as it’s not unique

Every operator charges NCF. Similarly 1 day lock in or 30 days lock in cannot be a criteria to vote either

As far as jingalala offers are there it’s unique and not same every week. I mean it’s not fixed like NCF. Same thing goes for other DTH weekend offers. They don’t provide the same offers every week (the price can be same)

Voting has to be on service offerings, channels Addition or removal and after sales service quality

Points like increase in recharge limit and service visit charges are valid reason to be put in the poll as @Abhinav bro said.

When we say “Performance” we have to define what are the basis and what falls in the basic nature of performance and how it’s to be defined

IMO NCF cannot be a criteria to be put in DTHOTM as it’s not unique

Every operator charges NCF. Similarly 1 day lock in or 30 days lock in cannot be a criteria to vote either

As far as jingalala offers are there it’s unique and not same every week. I mean it’s not fixed like NCF. Same thing goes for other DTH weekend offers. They don’t provide the same offers every week (the price can be same)

Voting has to be on service offerings, channels Addition or removal and after sales service quality

Points like increase in recharge limit and service visit charges are valid reason to be put in the poll as @Abhinav bro said.

When we say “Performance” we have to define what are the basis and what falls in the basic nature of performance and how it’s to be defined
I just want to say one thing. People have tried to explain you enough. But you just seem to be very biased towards Tata Play. This doesn't work in this thread. By being biased, you just undermine the efforts that every other DTH operators put in which is so unfair. Every operator deserves to win based on that months activity that they do and not based on something that is customarily continueing every month. I see this thread as a token of appreciation for the hard working people of every DTH. It our highly duty to be fair, unbiased and appreciate the deserving one.

I just want to say one thing. People have tried to explain you enough. But you just seem to be very biased towards Tata Play. This doesn't work in this thread. By being biased, you just undermine the efforts that every other DTH operators put in which is so unfair. Every operator deserves to win based on that months activity that they do and not based on something that is customarily continueing every month. I see this thread as a token of appreciation for the hard working people of every DTH. It our highly duty to be fair, unbiased and appreciate the deserving one.
So then pls lay down guidelines on what points to be put up in the poll

And you call me biased

Do you know how many times I have voted against Tata Play ??? Don’t speak without knowing

Last time I voted against when the binge logo was added on channels. Before that was when service visit was re added

There are more instances. So before calling me biased @Karthik_ understand what I am trying to tell.

Are you okay if someone calls you a Fan Boy ??? The issue is about that and why Vadirocks have to take it personal when someone voted for a DTH that’s it

You seems to speak only one sided

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock