Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

I am trying to extend my satellite rights table until 2010. The information will not be complete easily though I will try as much as possible. Also, YRF movies until 2018 are with Sony for the time being.

Bollywood Satellite Acquisitions (2015-present).xlsx
2014 is done. Take a look. It will get more challenging as one goes back in time.

Sources: DDF Exclusive - Bollywood Movies TV Premiere Updates and also this thread: New HD Bollywood Movies On Various Channel Networks As On 12 June

Which channel Telecasted Jai Veeru , Radio , Rush movies
any idea

Completed the table until 2011. Now only 2010 is left. Until 2012 DDF WTP threads are enough, but for movies from 2011 and earlier whose rights are unclear, I used the website. Notice how Star is so predominant in 2011 but Sony wins in 2012. Also, Viacom18's first-ever movie seems to be Vicky Donor, and it goes from zero movies in 2011 to a blockbuster record in 2013.

Hope the mods will not censor the post for my promoting that website, but it is an excellent tool to see how many times a movie was aired and by which channels and at which times. @dino29 will find it especially useful.
Bollywood Satellite Acquisitions (2010–present).xlsx

Last edited by a moderator:
Completed the table until 2011. Now only 2010 is left. Until 2012 DDF WTP threads are enough, but for movies from 2011 and earlier whose rights are unclear, I used the website. Notice how Star is so predominant in 2011 but Sony wins in 2012. Also, Viacom18's first-ever movie seems to be Vicky Donor, and it goes from zero movies in 2011 to a blockbuster record in 2013.

Hope the mods will not censor the post for my promoting that website, but it is an excellent tool to see how many times a movie was aired and by which channels and at which times. @dino29 will find it especially useful.
Bollywood Satellite Acquisitions (2010–present).xlsx
Good effort
You missed some movies in this list Humshakals , Bhaag Johnny , Raaz Reboot movies Telecasted on Star Gold
Also Raaz mystery Continues movie Satellite Rights with UTV movies
now UTV movies part of star India

Last edited by a moderator:
After the reported rift with YRF still Sony has this year's biggest hit movie of the year banked in their library courtesy T-Series.... Kabir Singh will premiere in next 2 or 3 months on Max. Some reason to smile for them after a rather sudden heartbreak :)

You missed some movies in this list Humshakals , Bhaag Johnny , Raaz Reboot movies Telecasted on Star Gold
Bhaag Johnny is there in 2015. Humshakals was always doubtful. It is an embarrassment for any channel that shows it!

Hearing lot of good things about Malaal, will it be premiered on Sony or Star? Joint production of T-Series and Bhansali Films and distributed by Yash Raj Films.

If decision left to producers then Sony might bag it or Star will get it incase decision resides with YRF

Bhaag Johnny is there in 2015. Humshakals was always doubtful. It is an embarrassment for any channel that shows it!
Humshakals fox Star studios Co Production movie
Movie still available on Hotstar

Hearing lot of good things about Malaal, will it be premiered on Sony or Star? Joint production of T-Series and Bhansali Films and distributed by Yash Raj Films.

If decision left to producers then Sony might bag it or Star will get it incase decision resides with YRF
Malaal is with Sony for sure. However, despite two promising debuts, it did poorly at the box office. Not even ₹2 crore. This is the fate of countless number of launches involving star kids.

Malaal is with Sony for sure. However, despite two promising debuts, it did poorly at the box office. Not even ₹2 crore. This is the fate of countless number of launches involving star kids.
Even more shocking is the fact that a SLB film flopped

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock