Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

are uk and Indian rights different
The rights are same but the duration of rights country wise is different many times
Like Akshay kumar's movie Talaash moved to Zee Network from Viacom in The US and aired there but in India after that also it kept on airing on Colors cineplex
Though from last few days it isn't seen in India also so mostly it will move to zee soon here also

The rights are same but the duration of rights country wise is different many times
Like Akshay kumar's movie Talaash moved to Zee Network from Viacom in The US and aired there but in India after that also it kept on airing on Colors cineplex
Though from last few days it isn't seen in India also so mostly it will move to zee soon here also

Not necessary for a broadcaster to acquire rights of banners/films for all territories it operates in. It differs from region to region depending on strategy.

What r chances of DDLJ, dil to pagal hai, mohabbatein, veer zaara, rab ne banaa di jodi, darr and few older Rajshri films moving to star/disney? I think there is probability

Not necessary for a broadcaster to acquire rights of banners/films for all territories it operates in. It differs from region to region depending on strategy.

What r chances of DDLJ, dil to pagal hai, mohabbatein, veer zaara, rab ne banaa di jodi, darr and few older Rajshri films moving to star/disney? I think there is probability
Disney bought Star in 2019. So far it has only 2 SRK films. SRK films rights are expensive and I am sure Disney can get any number of SRK films. But rights must be still ongoing with other channels.

Zee and Colors have highest number of SRK films. Sony and Star pathetic so far.

Last edited:
Viacom18 hindi movie chs have a strong liking for Akshay Kumar films so expecting more of his films to move there.

Also hope Zee airs Iqbal, Dor, Swades, Guru on Z Anmol Cinema and Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na on Zing

I would say movies are priced in the following order according to star value:
1. SRK
2. Aamir Khan & Salman Khan
3. Akshay & Hrithik
4. Shahid, Ranbir, Ranveer
5. Ajay Devgan, John Abraham

Anyways, with Disney's arrival, Star will be showing a lot of movies of these actors in the future.

Hrithik movies next week:

Star: Bang Bang, Mohenjo Daro

Zee: Lakshya, Yaadein

Sony: Krrish 3, Mission Kashmir

Viacom: none

(Zee Bioskop is showing luck by chance and koi mil gaya but not sure if it's in hindi or bhojpuri)

Source: Whatson India app

I

I think their is no chance or probability because 500cr is not very big deal to move entire yrf library and also yrf will be with disney/star for limited period it may move back to sony..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock