Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Is APKGK starting on CC at 10:00 pm? As per CC tweet, it starts at 10 PM. But EPG shows around 9:44 PM. I hate off-centre times. I would like movies to start at centre times like xx:00, xx:30 etc..
Source
Neither Colors Cineplex HD(9:44 PM), Nor Colors Cineplex SD(11:22 PM) Is Going To Air The Movie At 10 PM. I Don't Know On What Basis Has This Tweet Mentioned That The Movie Is Gonna Air At 10 PM🤷🏻‍♂️

Its been a month already and we have seen quite a few renewals
Here's the list

Ghajini - Zee (Viacom18)
Damini - Sony/FTA (Disney - Star)
Waqt - Sony/FTA (Disney-Star)
Cheeni Kum - Sony (Zee)
Pataal Bhairavi - Zee (Disney-Star)
Hogi Pyaar Ki Jeet - Zee (Sony)
Kambakht Ishq - Viacom18 (Sony)
Love Aaj Kal - Viacom18 (Sony)
Bhagam Bhag - Viacom18 (Zee)
Bhootnath - Disney-Star (Sony)
Tanu Weds Manu - Viacom18 (Zee)
Yodha - Sony/FTA (Viacom18)
Dushmani - Sony/FTA (Viacom18)
Sapoot - Sony (Disney-Star)
Andaz Apna Apna - Sony (Viacom18)
Rangeela - Viacom18 (Sony)

In terms of losses Sony has the most with them losing 4 films but gaining 6 films with 2 exclusive titles with 2 significant but shared titles.Zee has balanced equation with 3 losses and 3 gains with 1 significant film. While Disney Star has lost 4 films but gained 1 significant film. Viacom18 too lost 3 films but gained 4 of them with 2 of them being of significance. Sony and Viacom18 exchanged one Aamir Khan film for other.

Last edited:
I guess it's not above 40crs, Because previous Deal Sony acquired some yrf movies both satellite and Digital Rights, Probably after Prime Video Involved in Digital Rights, Satellite Rights Acquisition cost is going very less compared to Digital Rights and everyone know that after streaming New movie too early in Amazon Prime it's huge loss for Satellite Partner.
No bro The reason YRF discontinued deal with SPN is cost issues. They did not have money to buy big budget actioners. But still their relationship is strong enough.

Its been a month already and we have seen quite a few renewals
Here's the list

Ghajini - Zee (Viacom18)
Damini - Sony/FTA (Disney - Star)
Waqt - Sony/FTA (Disney-Star)
Cheeni Kum - Sony (Zee)
Pataal Bhairavi - Zee (Disney-Star)
Hogi Pyaar Ki Jeet - Zee (Sony)
Kambakht Ishq - Viacom18 (Sony)
Love Aaj Kal - Viacom18 (Sony)
Bhagam Bhag - Viacom18 (Zee)
Bhootnath - Disney-Star (Sony)
Tanu Weds Manu - Viacom18 (Zee)
Yodha - Sony/FTA (Viacom18)
Dushmani - Sony/FTA (Viacom18)
Sapoot - Sony (Disney-Star)

In terms of losses Sony has the most with them losing 4 films but gaining 6 films with 2 exclusive titles with 2 significant but shared titles.Zee has balanced equation with 3 losses and 3 gains with 1 significant film. While Disney Star has lost 4 films but gained 1 significant film. Viacom18 too lost 3 films but gained 4 of them with 2 of them being of significance.
From past 2 3 years I can see disney/star only loosing bro I don't why star is doing like this & what they want to prove in this thread sum 1said vishesh films Balaji films is moving to disney/star sum 1 said shemaroo t series ultra etc etc moving but non of the film is aired in star channels except some movies Still most if the films is with different networks..

Next week, maximum number of SRK films shown by Zee channels:
  1. Happy New Year
  2. Swades
  3. Baazigar
  4. Karan Arjun
  5. Don
  6. Pardes
  7. Dear Zindagi
  8. Raees
  9. Jab Harry Met Sejal
  10. Ra.One
  11. Koyla
  12. King Uncle
  13. Dil Ashna Hai (not on any streaming site)

others:

Rab Ne Bana Di Jody - Sony Wah
Baadshaah ((this movie not on any streaming site) - B4U Kadak
No few more srk films are scheduled -
Baadshah - 11:30 am (Sony Max 2 - Monday)
Chamatakar - 3:15 pm( Sony Max 2 - Monday)
more Srk films are scheduled now -
Dil To Pagal Hai - 6:15 am (Sony Max HD - tommorw)
Fan - 3:50 Pm (Sony Max HD - tommorw)
Yess Boss - 5:05 am (Sony Wah - Wednesday)
Chak De! India - 1:10 pm (Sony Wah - Wednesday)

No bro The reason YRF discontinued deal with SPN is cost issues. They did not have money to buy big budget actioners. But still their relationship is strong enough.
It's Not SPN issues, Thugs of Hindostan and financial issues made Big trouble to YRF, also YRF films not happy because SPN Acquiring Both Satellite and Digital rights of movies 10 to 15 years for less cost, when Star offer Only Satellite Rights for 3 to 5 years duration for High cost, why YRF films miss Hot 500cr Deal of Disney/Star India.

It's Not SPN issues, Thugs of Hindostan and financial issues made Big trouble to YRF, also YRF films not happy because SPN Acquiring Both Satellite and Digital rights of movies 10 to 15 years for less cost, when Star offer Only Satellite Rights for 3 to 5 years duration for High cost, why YRF films miss Hot 500cr Deal of Disney/Star India.
But now Sony Liv is one of the top OTT platforms now all thanks to Scam 1992. After that deal ends YRF may think of getting back with Sony

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock