Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

So happy that Fan is being aired in afternoon slot on Sony. This movie is quite good and can succeed on tv if promoted well. Problem is audience builds certain perception about films without seeing it and based on box office performance or reviews which r not always perfect barometer about how good a film is.

Broadcasters need to have a broader view while deciding which movie will work with larger base. TV reaches to mass audience while multiplex r mainly for urban audience. There r films which might work in multiplex but will b flop on tv and vice versa

From past 2 3 years I can see disney/star only loosing bro I don't why star is doing like this & what they want to prove in this thread sum 1said vishesh films Balaji films is moving to disney/star sum 1 said shemaroo t series ultra etc etc moving but non of the film is aired in star channels except some movies Still most if the films is with different networks..

Star/disney has gained max movies, only few lost and others have been made a part of shared library. Old films of Balaji Films, Vishesh Films, etc. will shift gradually. Post disney takeover they have even got lot of bollywood films from goldmines, ultra, shemaroo, eros, nh studioz etc.

To b honest sony has been major disappointment. Zee still has vast bollywood library though still losing many films and much more expected to shift soon. Viacom18 is acquiring more films and hope to see them once their bollywood channel launches

Last edited:
So happy that Fan is being aired in afternoon slot on Sony. This movie is quite good and can succeed on tv if promoted well. Problem is audience builds certain perception about films without seeing it and based on box office performance or reviews which r not always perfect barometer about how good a film is.

Broadcasters need to have a broader view while deciding which movie will work with larger base. TV reaches to mass audience while multiplex r mainly for urban audience. There r films which might work in multiplex but will b flop on tv and vice versa
Completely agree with you point by point. Fan was an awesome film, why the film didnt do well or received unanimously bad reviews from critics is beyond me. I hope the channel promotes Fan film well.

Off-topic: I’m happy to notice @dino29 bro liking my old article, one of the few I published for DDF News. Many of these channels, and above all Colors Cineplex, have greatly grown their Bollywood library since then, but Sony has mostly remained stagnant.
Fifty shades of differentiation: The evolution of Hindi movie channels
It was an awesome read Jolly Bro. Very well researched with accurate observations on how the Hindi Film channels have evolved from time to time. Your article is the voice of all Bollywood movie lovers like me. I have unsubscribed to all Hindi movie channels, and now resort to OTT for watching films. Will subscribe to them after they become real Hindi movie channels.

I think we should Accept fact television viewers not liked Recent years Released some bollywood movies and South movies Really working well for every Channel, Sony max and Dhinchaak TV unstoppable every week.

Next week, maximum number of SRK films shown by Zee channels:
  1. Happy New Year
  2. Swades
  3. Baazigar
  4. Karan Arjun
  5. Don
  6. Pardes
  7. Dear Zindagi
  8. Raees
  9. Jab Harry Met Sejal
  10. Ra.One
  11. Koyla
  12. King Uncle
  13. Dil Ashna Hai (not on any streaming site)

others:

Rab Ne Bana Di Jody - Sony Wah
Baadshaah ((this movie not on any streaming site) - B4U Kadak
No few more srk films are scheduled -
Baadshah - 11:30 am (Sony Max 2 - Monday)
Chamatakar - 3:15 pm( Sony Max 2 - Monday)
more Srk films are scheduled now -
Dil To Pagal Hai - 6:15 am (Sony Max HD - tommorw)
Fan - 3:50 Pm (Sony Max HD - tommorw)
Yess Boss - 5:05 am (Sony Wah - Wednesday)
Chak De! India - 1:10 pm (Sony Wah - Wednesday)
Chennai Express Tomorrow 7:30pm Colors Cineplex
Dilwale On Sony Max(HD/SD) Tomorrow In Evening Slot

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock