Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Some facts Taarzan got popular among kids audience. It was earlier with zee and it was also made popular by Zee inly but now Star has it and Star has done a far more superior job than Zee. Ajay Devgn has his deal continuing with Star because of Baba Arts goodwill. baba arts also dubbed dhruva in hindi. also Ishq (another Baba Arts hit on TV) gained more coverage on Star rather than on Zee (where it was shown as a prime time movie) Network change too has a role in making movies popular taarzan is a good example of that.

Well these were popular on Zee too, interchanging of movie rights is a common practice in Hindi Movie Genre on TV. I can give u long history of that but anyways Star India is building up on hindi movies post Disney takeover and a good thing to happen. Right now Star India has too much repetition across channels and it tends to become boring.

I think output deal concept which is there in English Movie Channels should be adopted in Hindi Movie Channels too. Just have first output deal for limited 0period and then leave it for others. This way one can avoid spending huge amount on exclusive long term deals and acquire more content to let refreshed appeal continue

The previous policy of premiering movies on Colors was better. Dear Colors Cineplex HD, why bother getting the rights of Andhadhun (which, by the way, I think is completely overrated) when you can't show it thereafter?

Sony is unfortunately not going to listen. I have given up on hoping for them to launch a pure Hindi HD movie channel.

Sony long back in 2013 started renting out YRF, other movie rights to FTA players like Cinema TV but stopped it later. Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Aurangzeb etc. premiered on Cinema TV at that point. Sony should again do this. Thinking of sharing feedback with Mr. Vyas and Mr. Shukla

Sony long back in 2013 started renting out YRF, other movie rights to FTA players like Cinema TV but stopped it later. Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Aurangzeb etc. premiered on Cinema TV at that point. Sony should again do this. Thinking of sharing feedback with Mr. Vyas and Mr. Shukla
Also, Lafangey Parindey was premiered on Colors in 2010.

Also, Lafangey Parindey was premiered on Colors in 2010.

Hmmm... Looks like one off case as movie had mention of some talent show of Colors. So it was like a joint marketing partnership hence excluded from going to Sony. All these years Sony did not have any exclusive deal with YRF, just a cordial relation helped the partners continue with each other for more than 2 decades

Hmmm... Looks like one off case as movie had mention of some talent show of Colors. So it was like a joint marketing partnership hence excluded from going to Sony. All these years Sony did not have any deal with YRF, just a cordial relation helped the partners continue with each other for more than 2 decades
Sony still maintains the good relationship with them all of Sony's reality shows are shot in YRF facility. Now since Star has a deal with YRF for its forthcoming movies for 5-6 years Sony can also get a one off film from YRF

Well these were popular on Zee too, interchanging of movie rights is a common practice in Hindi Movie Genre on TV. I can give u long history of that but anyways Star India is building up on hindi movies post Disney takeover and a good thing to happen. Right now Star India has too much repetition across channels and it tends to become boring.

I think output deal concept which is there in English Movie Channels should be adopted in Hindi Movie Channels too. Just have first output deal for limited 0period and then leave it for others. This way one can avoid spending huge amount on exclusive long term deals and acquire more content to let refreshed appeal continue
This should be the case wherein the preferred network should hold the film for the first 2 years and then the film should rotate on an output basis
Eg YRF premiere on Star then on Sony then on Star
Rajshri premiere on Zee then on Star then again to Zee
Nadiadwala - Star-Zee-Sony-Colors etc

2008 Movies Current Satellite Rights
Sony: Jimmy, Tashan Bhootnath, U Me Aur Hum, Mehbooba, Jannat, Don Muthu Swami, Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic Mere Baap Pehle Aap, Haal-E-Dil, De Taali, Chamku , Drona, Heroes, Dostana , Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Roadside Romeo and the LEGENDARY ''Deshdrohi''
Star: Sarkar Raj, Maan Gaye Mughal-E-Azam, C Kkompany, Phoonk, EMI, Kidnap, Karzzzz, Meerabai Not Out, Maharathi, Jumbo
Zee: Bombay To Bangkok, Black & White, Sunday, Shaurya, Krazzy 4, ne Two Three, Race, Money Hai To Honey Hai, , Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi, Dasvidaniya, Yuvvraj, Oh My God.
Viacom-UTV : Superstar , Jodhaa Akbar ,Aamir ,Mission Istanbul ,Mumbai Meri Jaan ,Welcome To Sajjanpur , Hari Puttar, Fashion ,Oye Lucky Lucky Oye ,Ghajini.
EMI shifted to Star from Zee

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock