SCV reduces Tamil pack to 40Rs with no benefit to customers!!

RE: SCV reduces Tamil pack to 40Rs Plus tax!!!

Let us wait for further details. And according to me, for Chennai, with present scenario, DTH is better. Reason is that SCV is missing some reasonable Tamil channels and other MSOs are not available in all the places of Chennai.

Apart from Chennai, I have no idea. But in my native, Porayar (Tamil Nadu) there is no digital cable but only the analog cable from Arasu. They are providing all the important channels (as far as I have seen). But if you want digital quality DTH is better.

In my present home town, Karaikal (Pondicherry), analog cable TV (Diamond cables) that covers the entire Karaikal state is very very good in channel offering and quality. I won't prefer DTH for Karaikal. Monthly charge is Rs.150.

aravindan said:
Already SCV Analog users not getting 40 Channels for Rs.120+ & keep losing channels day-by-day..

What can they provide @ Rs.40 + 14% Tax ????

:shy

If they provide something bigger @ Rs.40, definitely it won't lasts for longer time & just a eyewasher & a tactics to sell their STBs
Your thought level is already set to not accept anything from SCV. So even if the offer is going to be a good one, you won't accept it bro.. I can give 100% guarantee for you.

scv got afraid of tata sky and reduced it

Excellent move by SCV that too when they have absolutely zero competition from any other MSO.

Benefit for SCV: A package called Tamil pack with just sun network channels.

So people who subscribe to Tamil pack alone without any sports or vijay tv can pay just Rs 40 instead of the monthly minimum Rs 100 or 120?

Benefit for subscribers:

If this becomes true and if they can give some sort of assurance on STB investment then most of them will close their analogue and run towards digital as with a one time investment of Rs 1,300 they can save Rs 60 - 80 per month on the monthly bills and watch some additional tamil channels that are not available on analogue. Others who want to pay more for addon will also find all required channels well within Rs 200 as the base pack is itself cheap.

aravindan said:
I think pack may contain FTA channels alone with DD channels & some Sun Channels..

Or it may be business tactics to sell out their STBs.

:lol

1: Yes, mostly it would be a selected list of non competitive FTA channels and remaining all Sun network channels, yet it is worth for people who watches only these selected channels serials as analogue didn't have much to choose from.

2: Nice plan to promote their channels that too at the time of election season.

3: May be something new is happening and another big MSO trying to take over so pleasing subscribers while promoting their own business.

aravindan said:
Tactics should be a "mutual-benefit" one..

Mutual?? When they even thought about that, for them everything is business and their own products.

aravindan said:
Why SCV haven't come out with this offer for the past several years?

The haven't in the past and never will in the future, even this offer is to make people watch their own products.

aravindan said:
This offer makes to think that it's a final fight to survive ahead of 2016 elections..

You mean Arasu? I thought Chennai people even forgot this name as they were never there even on the news.

Sadiq said:
Your thought level is already set to not accept anything from []. So even if the offer is going to be a good one, you won't accept it bro.. I can give 100% guarantee for you.

The word "TRUST" and another word "Assurance" seems broken and noone is taking chances to move forward.

No-matter how cheap the package is, unless they give the STB for free (or on small rental) on some condition its hard to pull crowd as they have a history of sudden removal of top channels and their service time is also questionable to invest in an non-portable STB that too in a state where we have MSO's goes missing over night without a trace, the same goes for all the other MSO's who wants DAS.

This is the major reason behind just 10% of local cable under DAS.

scv should all tamil channels in their base pack with out removing any competitor channels,so that they would be able to easily catch the market.

supermachi said:
scv got afraid of tata sky and reduced it

SCV was never afraid of any DTH. They never consider DTH as their competition, even if they see TS as their rival they should have reduced the SUndirect package rates and not on digital cable. They always rule in chennai with their monopoly. what i feel is they are trying to reduce the package rates for the time being and remove all the important channels from analog and bring their analog users to digital( there are lots of analog cable users who are not ready to move to digital cable waiting for some change to happen since the new govt came to rule TN, the funniest part is.. even the new govt has become old govt now with elections waiting to happen next year :D ) and once they have considerable amount of subscribers in their digital mode they will increase all the packs and rule chennai again.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock