SCV reduces Tamil pack to 40Rs with no benefit to customers!!

RE: SCV reduces Tamil pack to 40Rs Plus tax!!!

Have posted the scan copy of the package details in other forum , couldn't upload it here as there is no provision to attach files here.

Just got an update from my LCO, Tamil pack Rs40 is what we have to pay to SCV your LCO will charge additionally 100to 120Rs for the connection depends on your LCO, which is 120+40 =160. (My LCO will charge 120Rs ). so in total it will be 140-160 with no sports and Vijay tv. The following are the list of channels that are removed from the existing tamil pack.
Zee studio,cartoon network, pogo,HBO . these channels can be added by adding Taj pack 2 for a monthly rental of Rs6. To get star sport1-4 you will have pay nearly 100Rs more to get it. Even the tensports pack has been removed from the existing tamil pack. you will have to pay approx 14rs for that. vijay TV stays at 9Rs. so if you want to get all the channels which you have been getting you will have pay Rs229 extra, which is a loot!!! may be there are better offering ins other packs which he does not have information currently. ALL THIS INFORMATION IS GIVEN BY LCO WHO IS YET TO GET ME THE BROCHURES. I am not sure if this is because of Star network giving all channels in a-la-carte or which scv is doing here. complete details of the packs will be available on scv website on april 1, 2015.

SCV as usual taking their customers for a toss!! nothing is going to change as long as SCV is there.

Better to go for DTH.

Vijay,

I have posted detailed pack details as mentioned above in other forums , also some details of the add on packs in the previous replies. As I am in office I don't have access to picture sharing websites , and attachment option is not available in DD.Will post it here in the evening.

All this is because of STAR forcing a-la-carte to all the MSOs. If you check the packages details , in all packs STAR channels has been removed.

But , same time the Addon packs of other broadcaster become very cheap.

I Pack - 16 Channels - Price Rs 12 - CNBC , CNBC Awaaz , CNN IBN , Colors , Comedy Central , IBN 7, M TV , Nick Junior , E TV Telugu , E TV Andra Pradesh , E TV Kannada , History , Nick , VH1, Sonic , IBN Lokmat.

Discovery Pack - 2 Channels - Rs - 6 - Discovery Science , Dicovery Tamil

News Pack - 7 Channels - Rs 25 - CNBC , CNN IBN , Headlines Today , NDTV 24*7 , NDTV profit , Times Now , Bloomberg

Taj Pack - 6 Channels - Rs 20 - WB , Zee Business , Zee Kannada , CNN , Zee cafe , Zee Telugu

TEN Pack - 4 Channels - Rs - 5 - TEN Sports , TEN Cricket , TEN Action , TEN Golf

Discovery Pack - 7 Channels - Rs 12 Animal Planet , Discovery , Discovery Kids , Discovery Science , Discovery Turbo , TLC , Discovery Tamil , Discovery ID

Taj 2 Pack - 4 Channels - Rs - 5 - HBO , Cartoon Network , Pogo , Zee Studio

Check these addon packs , these are at unbelievable prices.

Satvijay said:
Just got an update from my LCO, Tamil pack Rs40 is what we have to pay to SCV your LCO will charge additionally 100to 120Rs for the connection depends on your LCO, which is 120+40 =160. (My LCO will charge 120Rs ). so in total it will be 140-160 with no sports and Vijay tv. The following are the list of channels that are removed from the existing tamil pack.
Zee studio,cartoon network, pogo,HBO . these channels can be added by adding Taj pack 2 for a monthly rental of Rs6. To get star sport1-4 you will have pay nearly 100Rs more to get it. Even the tensports pack has been removed from the existing tamil pack. you will have to pay approx 14rs for that. vijay TV stays at 9Rs. so if you want to get all the channels which you have been getting you will have pay Rs229 extra, which is a loot!!! may be there are better offering ins other packs which he does not have information currently. ALL THIS INFORMATION IS GIVEN BY LCO WHO IS YET TO GET ME THE BROCHURES. I am not sure if this is because of Star network giving all channels in a-la-carte or which scv is doing here. complete details of the packs will be available on scv website on april 1, 2015.

SCV as usual taking their customers for a toss!! nothing is going to change as long as SCV is there.

If this MSO follows the same policy on all the other packages then atleast over 75% of the subscribers would move to DTH as DTH seem equal if not cheaper and guarantee for service and channels.

Yes, it seems like a huge LOOT....

If they have an issue with Star network on a-la-carte then why cant they just remove star related channels alone and reduce the original pack cost and retain ten network channels? Looks like they wanted to increase the overall package cost in a large scale.

Looks like the local cable in Chennai is getting even messier and costlier than before and soon could vanish from most homes.

Viki said:
Vijay,

I have posted detailed pack details as mentioned above in other forums , also some details of the add on packs in the previous replies. As I am in office I don't have access to picture sharing websites , and attachment option is not available in DD.Will post it here in the evening.

All this is because of STAR forcing a-la-carte to all the MSOs. If you check the packages details , in all packs STAR channels has been removed.

But , same time the Addon packs of other broadcaster become very cheap.

I Pack - 16 Channels - Price Rs 12 - CNBC , CNBC Awaaz , CNN IBN , Colors , Comedy Central , IBN 7, M TV , Nick Junior , E TV Telugu , E TV Andra Pradesh , E TV Kannada , History , Nick , VH1, Sonic , IBN Lokmat.

Discovery Pack - 2 Channels - Rs - 6 - Discovery Science , Dicovery Tamil

News Pack - 7 Channels - Rs 25 - CNBC , CNN IBN , Headlines Today , NDTV 24*7 , NDTV profit , Times Now , Bloomberg

Taj Pack - 6 Channels - Rs 20 - WB , Zee Business , Zee Kannada , CNN , Zee cafe , Zee Telugu

TEN Pack - 4 Channels - Rs - 5 - TEN Sports , TEN Cricket , TEN Action , TEN Golf

Discovery Pack - 7 Channels - Rs 12 Animal Planet , Discovery , Discovery Kids , Discovery Science , Discovery Turbo , TLC , Discovery Tamil , Discovery ID

Taj 2 Pack - 4 Channels - Rs - 5 - HBO , Cartoon Network , Pogo , Zee Studio

Check these addon packs , these are at unbelievable prices.

i really dont understand why star can come with a seperate pack called as star pack with just their channels, rather having all the channels in a-la-carte only. BTW. i dont see any change which is affecting TCCL they give all the star channels with no change in price or the pack channels. is this something only SCV has to follow or all the MSO?

Satvijay said:
i really dont understand why star can come with a seperate pack called as star pack with just their channels, rather having all the channels in a-la-carte only. BTW. i dont see any change which is affecting TCCL they give all the star channels with no change in price or the pack channels. is this something only SCV has to follow or all the MSO?

Yes , STAR group should come up with some package for STAR channels alone instead of A-la-carte only option. But , STAR group is always money minded , think all possible ways to just increase their revenue. We should not forget they are the one who introduced Pay channel concept in India , had a habit of increasing the channel price every time there is a big matches on tv.

Now , STAR become very big head ache for all MSOs in the part of pricing.

RE: SCV reduces Tamil pack to 40Rs Plus tax with no benefit to customers!!

TEN Pack - 4 Channels - Rs - 5 - TEN Sports , TEN Cricket , TEN Action , TEN Golf ( i doubt with this pack rate as Ten golf is a premium channel)

Satvijay said:
TEN Pack - 4 Channels - Rs - 5 - TEN Sports , TEN Cricket , TEN Action , TEN Golf ( i doubt with this pack rate as Ten golf is a premium channel)

But , it was there in the print out given by SCV to LCO.

from SCV website current package details is removed by afternoon , hope they will update the details soon.

If scv wants to help subscribers then why cant they just remove star channels alone and add more channels to maintain the channel count? People who want star can get them as a separate add-on or via a-la-carte.

Why SCV removed Ten sports and HBO?

HOUSE-MD said:
If scv wants to help subscribers then why cant they just remove star channels alone and add more channels to maintain the channel count? People who want star can get them as a separate add-on or via a-la-carte.

Why SCV removed Ten sports and HBO?

their intention is show their customers that they have reduced the pack rates after removing the starsports pack and vijay tv. which if they do only for star group channels will not have much of difference in the pack rates so they have removed the other channels so they can reduce the base pack rates finally they have the magic number of Rs40 plus tax which looks very attractive but only if we see the finer details you will know that you are paying 40Rs for almost the same channels in digital mode than that of analog.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock