SET India change in distribution strategy

kamathur

Reaction score
Sony TV has changed the strategy whereby its not showing Ramayan on Digital network i.e. Sony LIV. When you switch on LIVE TV it’s showing old dated KBC in the slot of Ramayan.

Let’s see how successful would they be in this. And don’t shoot themselves in foot.

Doing that with a show like Shrimad Ramayan is wrong when whole country is in Diwali mood. You should capitalise it via social media and bring more eyeballs to TV.

Otherwise it's a brilliant strategy. When you pay ₹22.42 for a channel extra on top of your cable bill of ₹153.40. You deserve some exclusivity. Big networks were shooting themselves in the foot before when they offered content on OTT before TV when you are stakeholder in cable and DTH business. Than you got some offering free content altogether with minimal ads compared to TV Why are you trying to killing it? TV can co-exist with OTT with proper strategy. One doesn't have to get rid of the other.

Very true but you need quality and quantity both. As the current slates of never ending soaps won’t give you eyeballs.

And yes that exclusivity is required for linear to survive. But just one serial won’t make the cut, you need to have a well thought strategy to manage it.

I think they will make it available a week later on OTT otherwise no body will suscribe to Sony Liv in future.

I think they will make it available a week later on OTT otherwise no body will suscribe to Sony Liv in future.
Sony Entertainment Television has started advertising the availability of Shrimad Ramayan only on Cable TV & DTH Operator.

UUQXJPF.png

Sony Entertainment Television has started advertising the availability of Shrimad Ramayan only on Cable TV & DTH Operator.

UUQXJPF.png
Good going now a day ott has not profitable business in India also it's so many platforms and big company now showing content free .. that's a resoon tv users are down day by day ..so Sony is try to catch people to view tv screens. .

This is not a change in strategy for Sony. After Mahabharat, Swastik Productions has been adamant on keeping the IP rights of their big ticket shows with themselves and not hand it to the channel.
They had done this previously with Porus, Chandragupta Maurya as well. That's why you won't find them on SonyLiv anymore. Sony no longer holds these shows rights.

Similarly the rights of this show from Sony would also depart after a set duration once the show ends.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock