Solid MPEG4 DVB-S2 High Definition (HD) STB

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 15,089

Vinay

Reaction score
I have a really cheap MPEG4 DVB-S2 High Definition (HD) satellite receiver with USB PVR. It has fast power on, superfast blind scan, low-signal reception, EPG and 16:9 Widescreen support. It locks HD channels too.
The symbol rate is 1MsPs to 45MsPs for both QPSK, 8PSK modulation.

I got this Satellite Receiver for Rs1000 from a South Mumbai dealer after a lot of bargaining and convincing the dealer that it is not genuine.

The stb is an immitation of SOLID HDS2 2100. But works very well in terms of quick start-up time and blind scan time.

Also this receiver is capable of picking low signals where other stbs fail. That is the reason I can get C-band channels with upto 45% quality even with a 90cm Ku-band dish with a home-made conical scalar ring fitted on LNBF feed-horn mouth.

Here are a few pics of the Satellite Receiver, Connectors and User Interface:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Very nice images vinay bhai,i have splitted the thread. :)

Your STB has only one LNB IN port, that means you have to watch the same program which is currently under recording... :huh

How you figure out that STB is not genuine SOLID stb. :huh :huh

Post pics of any HD channel... :sp

mystic said:
Your STB has only one LNB IN port, that means you have to watch the same program which is currently under recording... Yes stb has 1 LNB In and 1 LNB Out. The same channel has to be kept on for recording, but the LNB Out of this receiver goes to LNB In of other receivers. So I can watch any other channel too on them.

How you figure out that STB is not genuine SOLID stb... Missing hologram, different User Interface and build quality of the box are clear indications of immitation.

Post pics of any HD channel... Yes I am turning my dish soon to a 1080i Full HD channel and will post the pics here.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock