Tata Sky – market leader in High Definition (HD) subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatasky_2006

Reaction score
On November 18, 2014, Mr.G Sambashivam (CFO) of Tata Sky attended AXIS CAPITAL CONFERENCE 2014 and interacted with the fund managers and investors key takeaways from the interaction are as follows -

• Tata Sky – market leader in High Definition (HD) subscribers
o Tata Sky has ~10 mn net subscribers currently and plans to add 1.5 mn net subs annually over next 2-3 years.
o It is the market leader in HD subscribers with 65% market share and ~50% of incremental HD subscribers currently
 Management remains focused to convert its existing Standard Definition (SD) subscribers to HD subscribers
• The company offers ~300 channels with 24 HD channels currently and has plans to increase its HD channels to 100 over next 3-4 years.
• ARPU to post 5-6% CAGR over next 2-3 years
o Given higher share from HD subscribers, Tata Sky’s ARPU is the highest in the industry at Rs 230/ sub.
o Management expects its ARPU to post ~5% CAGR over next 2-3 years due to higher HD share and price hikes.
o The company recorded 7-8% growth in its ARPU over the last 1-2 years
• Subscriber payback period of ~4 years despite higher Subscriber Acquisition Cost (SAC)
o Given its focus on HD sub additions and higher marketing spend, Tata Sky’s SAC is relatively higher at Rs 2,500 currently.
o However higher ARPU compensates for the same, resulting in an average payback period of ~4 years per subscriber
• Content deals in place
o Given its higher share of HD subscribers, Tata Sky’s content cost accounts for 30-32% of its revenue.
o The company has signed most of its content deals over next 3-5 years

I wonder if many of the forum members will actually understand what I have posted as I have seen that only few of them can actually write proper English; but still I have posted the same for the benefit of the forum.

It is written as they will bring upto 100 hd channels but will there be 100 hd channels and their CEO has already said that by the end of this year tata sky will have more than 30 hd channels but where is it still they are making their customers fool :angry :wall

Re: RE: Tata Sky – market leader in High Definition (HD) subscribers

tatasky_2006 said:
I wonder if many of the forum members will actually understand what I have posted as I have seen that only few of them can actually write proper English; but still I have posted the same for the benefit of the forum.
So you think only you know better English rest all are what fools to surf this forum don't be in a dream wake up

What a useless thread, wake up englishman, plz dont be in a dream.

Useless thread??? is it...ok sorry for posting

P.S: calling it useless says a lot about your self.

tatasky_2006 said:
I wonder if many of the forum members will actually understand what I have posted as I have seen that only few of them can actually write proper English.
Bhai mere lagta hai aapne Tatasky ki 'Active English' seva ko jab se wo launch hua hai tabhi se le kar ab tak pura ka pura istemal kiya, warna duniya mein itani behtareen angla bhasa ka gyan to anyatra ho hi nahi sakta.

Bhai yahan hum sab jo jaroori hai wo to share kar hi lete hai aur usse bhi kamal ki baat ye hai ki baki sabhi usse samajh bhi lete hain.

Parantu bhai, aapne jo ye 'Active English' ke saujanya se apne niyokta TataSky ki shaan me jo kashide pade hain wo to wakaee mein hum sabki samajh me aa karke bhi samajh mein nahin aa raha hai.

Ek aakhiri baat bhai, hum me se kisi ko bhi yahaan 'Active - English' ki jarurat hi nahi hai kyonki yahaan jo jaruri hai wo hai 'Active' hone ki aur hum sab yahaan pe bahut active hain, haan main thoda sa kam hun, lekin bhai aap to kamal hain, do saal me sirf 38 posts, Sarkar, do saal se aap 'Active English' mein itana wyast rahe ki yahaan 'Active' hi nahi rah paye. Chhamaa karein sarkar, hum 'Active' to rahe par aapki tarah 'English' nahin ho paye !!

Dear sky4us,

Bhai aap insulting tone mein baat kar rahe ho. Aap dimag mein lagta hai gobar bhara hai jo yaha nikal raha hai.

I dont know what DDF has against me; is it just that i speak freely. Yes i dont give in to the dictator ship of soo called mods they are running this forum as if its there personal property; they forget that there is a concept of free speech just because they do not like a particular topic they cannot close the thread/moderate it on their whims and fancies. Let there be screening committee who will decide in an democratic way as to what is to be banned and what is to be allowed.

These days DDF seems to be run by few mods undemocratic ally i dont want to name anyone as I dont want to make this personal.

Devesh said:
What a useless thread, wake up englishman, plz dont be in a dream.

sky4us said:
Bhai mere lagta hai aapne Tatasky ki 'Active English' seva ko jab se wo launch hua hai tabhi se le kar ab tak pura ka pura istemal kiya, warna duniya mein itani behtareen angla bhasa ka gyan to anyatra ho hi nahi sakta.

Bhai yahan hum sab jo jaroori hai wo to share kar hi lete hai aur usse bhi kamal ki baat ye hai ki baki sabhi usse samajh bhi lete hain.

Parantu bhai, aapne jo ye 'Active English' ke saujanya se apne niyokta TataSky ki shaan me jo kashide pade hain wo to wakaee mein hum sabki samajh me aa karke bhi samajh mein nahin aa raha hai.

Ek aakhiri baat bhai, hum me se kisi ko bhi yahaan 'Active - English' ki jarurat hi nahi hai kyonki yahaan jo jaruri hai wo hai 'Active' hone ki aur hum sab yahaan pe bahut active hain, haan main thoda sa kam hun, lekin bhai aap to kamal hain, do saal me sirf 38 posts, Sarkar, do saal se aap 'Active English' mein itana wyast rahe ki yahaan 'Active' hi nahi rah paye. Chhamaa karein sarkar, hum 'Active' to rahe par aapki tarah 'English' nahin ho paye !!

Bilkul sahi kaha sky4us aapne aur mujhe bhi aisa lagta hai ki hume us bande se angrezi seekhni chahiye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock